The parents of Stephen Cameron who was murdered in 1996 say they're relieved his killer is not to be released but they are angry he may be moved to an open prison.
Kenneth Noye's parole board hearing ruled that he should not be released.
Noye, who was already a serious gangland figure, stabbed Stephen to death with a nine inch blade on an M25 slip road in Kent during a road rage incident in May 1996.
Ken and Toni Cameron, who live near Lowestoft in Suffolk, believe he should remain in Norfolk's Wayland Prison.
Click below to watch a report by ITV News Anglia's Matthew Hudson
Kenneth Noye is suitable for a move to an open prison, the Parole Board has recommended.
Noye is currently serving a life sentence in prison for stabbing electrician Stephen Cameron, 21, to death in a road rage attack in 1996.
In a statement, The Parole Board said: "We can confirm that a panel of the Board has not directed the release of Kenneth Noye but has recommended to the Ministry of Justice that he is suitable for a move to open conditions.
"It is up to the Ministry of Justice whether or not to accept this recommendation."
ITV News Anglia has been asking viewers to nominate unsung heroes from across the region for the Pride of Britain Fundraiser Award.
Four finalists have been selected from the Anglia East area covering Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Elaine High from Lowestoft in Suffolk is one of the four finalists.
Elaine's son Taylor was 19 years old when he was killed in a car crash four years ago. Since then she's set up a fund in his name and raised more than £70,000 for the local community.
Click below to watch a report on Elaine's story from ITV News Anglia's Liz Summers
Films about the four finalists will appear on ITV Anglia between 7-10 September 2015 and be posted on this website.
A judging panel will decide which of the four will represent the ITV News Anglia East area at the Pride of Britain Awards later in the month.
A Suffolk man has been found guilty of arranging a devastating attack on his ex-girlfriend which has left her disfigured for life.
23-year-old beautician Adele Bellis had sulphuric acid thrown in her face as she waited at a bus stop in her home town of Lowestoft.
The police described Anthony Riley's actions as barbaric.
Adele said she'll survive the ordeal but that it had caused her unimaginable pain and suffering.
Click below to watch the full report from ITV News Anglia's Malcolm Robertson
A beautician left disfigured after an acid attack in Lowestoft planned by her jealous ex-boyfriend has thanked campaigner Katie Piper for her support, adding: "I will survive this ordeal".
Beautician Adele Bellis, 23, lost an ear, was left partially bald and has "life-changing" permanent scarring following the sulphuric acid attack at a bus stop in her home town of Lowestoft on August 14 last year.
Five months before the attack she had been stabbed in the face by a friend of Riley's.
The acid attack was the culmination of a six-month campaign by her former partner of seven years, Anthony Riley, 26, who has been found guilty at Ipswich Crown Court.
In a statement, Miss Bellis welcomed the verdicts, saying she had been subjected to Riley's "violent, manipulative and jealous" behaviour since the age of 16. She thanked her family and friends as well as high profile acid attack survivor Ms Piper for their support.
I find it difficult to put into words the pain I have suffered, I have very few tears left. The attacks on me have left me both physically and emotionally scarred.
My family and friends have been by my side throughout. I'm very grateful to the Katie Piper Foundation for their continued and close support which has proved invaluable in helping me to rebuild my life.
I will never forget what happened to me and it will always been in my mind but I am determined to live my life and I will survive this ordeal,
Her parents, Kevin and Colleen Bellis, attended the hearing. They praised their daughter's strength, saying she still needs weekly treatment at a specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford.<
She is just so strong, without her we would all have crumbled.
A jilted boyfriend has been found guilty of plotting to "horrifically disfigure" his ex-girlfriend by having her doused in acid.Read the full story ›
The jury at Ipswich Crown Court were sent out to consider their verdicts at 3.40.
The Judge is summing up in the trial of two men accused of being involved in an acid attack on a beautician in Lowestoft.
22-year-old Adele Bellis lost her right ear and was badly disfigured when she was attacked in August last year.
It's alleged that her former partner - 27-year-old Anthony Riley from Lowesoft was - behind the attack. The prosecution at Ipswich Crown Court say he was motivated by jealousy because she had begun another relationship.
It's claimed 39-year-old Leon Thompson, also from Lowestoft, was the one who threw the acid into Adele Bellis's face. He's also accused of attacking her with a knife in April last year.
They deny conspiring to throw sulphuric acid over Miss Bellis, and deny conspiring to wound her.
After Judge John Deavux completes his summing up of the trial which began two weeks ago, the jury will retire to consider the verdicts.
Judge Devaux told the jury they must put aside the understandable sympathy they must feel for the victim and instead concentrate on the evidence they've heard in the trial.
Twenty four jobs have been lost as work goes on to sell struggling storeRead the full story ›
Family and friends of teenaged rock star and TV personality, Lil Chris, met in his home town of Lowestoft today to remember him and raise money for a new charity set up in his name. Lil Chris died earlier this year after suffering with depression, nine years after rocketing to fame in the Channel 4 programme, Rock School.