Luton Town have announced that Nathan Jones is the club's new manager.
He'll be officially unveiled at a press conference on Friday.
Jones, 42, was first team coach at Championship Brighton but returns to Kenilworth Road having briefly played for the club as a defender.
Jones joins on a two-and-a-half-year deal.
More on this story on the club's website.
Luton Town's search for a new manager appears to be coming to an end after current Brighton and Hove Albion coach Nathan Jones was installed as the clear favourite.
Betting has now been suspended by many bookmakers on the Welshman taking over at Kenilworth Road.
42-year-old Jones actually started his professional playing career at Luton but never made an appearance.
He has since established himself as a talented coach and has been with Brighton since 2013.
Luton Town have sacked manager John Still. The move comes after four straight defeats for the Hatters that has left them in 17th place in League Two.
The 65-year-old took the reins at Kenilworth Road in February 2013 and led the club to the Conference title in his first full season in charge.
The Hatters finished eighth in their first campaign back in League Two but have struggled so far this season.
Club Chief Executive Gary Sweet said:
"We have shared some unbelievable moments in this club's history together, ones which will never be forgotten.
The decision to make a change was a unanimous one by the board but one of the most difficult since we took over as custodians in 2008. We are genuinely saddened that our partnership with John has come to an end earlier than we expected"
John Still said he was gutted to be leaving the club:
"Naturally I am hugely disappointed to be leaving Kenilworth Road but I would like to thank everyone involved at Luton Town for making my time at the club an enjoyable one."
The draw for the second round of the FA Cup has been made. Find out who your team have got here.Read the full story ›
Luton Town midfielder Cameron McGeehan could be forced sit out this weekend's derby game with Cambridge United because he's been banned by the country that have been trying to call him up.
The 20-year-old was named in Northern Ireland's under-21s squad for their upcoming games against Scotland and Iceland, but he rejected the call because he wants more time to consider his international future.
The Irish FA have now taken the unusual step of suspending McGeehan from playing any football for the remainder of the current international window.
The Hatters say they'll appeal the decision.
Luton Town have signed former Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith on a two-year deal.
The 31-year-old has been training with the Hatters this summer after leaving Brighton and Hove Albion.
Several other clubs, including Southend United, had been interested in the forward but the Hatters have now won the race for his signature.
Mackail-Smith once scored 35 goals in one season for Posh as they were promoted to The Championship in 2011.
"I feel this club has a fantastic chance to push through the leagues and I want to be a part of that.
I want to enjoy my football again and I know that this club is going places. John Still has put together a fantastic squad with great quality. This team can definitely challenge at the top this season.”
Southend United manager Phil Brown has admitted that he is interested in bringing striker Craig Mackail-Smith to the club.Read the full story ›
Luton Town have taken former Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith on trial.
The 31-year-old featured in the Hatters' 1-0 win over Farense in Portugal last night.
Mackail-Smith is a free agent after leaving Brighton & Hove Albion this summer.
Mackail-Smith once caught the attention of a number of Premier League clubs when he scored 35 goals as Posh were promoted to The Championship in 2011.
New Luton signing Magnus Okuonghae has revealed that he stopped negotiating with another club when he heard that the Hatters wanted him.Read the full story ›