Live updates

Luton terror suspect released without charge

Luton Credit: ITV Anglia

One of three men arrested in a series of anti-terror raids in Letchworth and Luton has been released without charge. The two other men are still in custody.

The three were arrested on 14 July on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

Scotland Yard said a man in his 30s held at a residential address in the Luton area of Bedfordshire has been released without charge.

A man in his 20s arrested at a business address in Letchworth, and a man in his 20s held at a residential address in the Luton area remain in custody.

Officers applied to Westminster Magistrates' Court last week for a warrant of further detention for up to seven days from the time of arrest, which was granted by the court.

The arrests are part of an ongoing investigation into Islamist-related terrorism.

Advertisement

Police given more time to question terrorism suspects

Police have been granted more time to question three men arrested in East Anglia on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command arrested the men on Tuesday afternoon.

A man in his 20s was arrested at a business address in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, and two men - one in his 20s and the other in his 30s - were held shortly after raids at two separate residential addresses in the Luton area in Bedfordshire.

Two arrests were made in Luton and a third in Letchworth in Hertfordshire. Credit: ITV News Anglia

Scotland Yard said officers were granted a court warrant for further detention for up to seven days from the time of arrest.

A spokesman said searches of one of two addresses in the Luton area had finished. Officers continued to search the other property.

The arrests and searches are part of an ongoing investigation into Islamist-related terrorism.

Motorway junction upgrade for quicker access to Luton airport

Leaving and joining the M1 from Luton airport should be quicker with an upgraded junction. Credit: Sarah Cooper

Getting to Luton airport should be easier in future with the official opening of a new look Junction 10 on the M1. The project has cost £30 million.

The roundabout has been replaced by an overpass and an underpass to try and reduce queues and delays.

It has been paid for with £25m from the government and the rest from the council and local third parties.

The project to upgrade the M1 junction near Luton has cost £30m. Credit: ITV News Anglia

Watch time-lapse footage of the new motorway junction being constructed by clicking below

Three men arrested in terrorism raids: The Latest

Counter terrorism police have arrested three men in our region this afternoon.

One man in his 20s was held at a business in Letchworth in Hertfordshire and two other men were arrested shortly after in Luton.

One is also in his 20s and the other is in his 30s.

All three are being held on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

Click below to hear the latest from ITV News Anglia's Elodie Harper

Advertisement

Three men arrested in Letchworth and Luton on suspicion of terrorism

Three men from Letchworth and Luton have been arrested on suspicion of being involved in acts of terrorism. Credit: PA

Three men have been arrested in Letchworth and Luton on suspicion of being involved in acts of terrorism.

A man in his 20s was arrested just after midday at a business address in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, while the other two men (one in his 20s and the other in his 30s) were arrested shortly after at two separate residential addresses in the Luton area.

All three are being held on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

The Metropolitan Police say searches are underway at two addresses in the Luton area as part of the investigation - which is looking into alleged "Islamist-related terrorism".

Luton grandfather in Syria "against his will": Full ITV Anglia report

The son of a Luton grandfather who is with Islamic State in Syria, along with 11 other family members, has told ITV News that he is there against his will.

75 year old Muhammed Abdul Mannan and his family haven't been seen since leaving for a trip to Bangladesh in May.

Speaking exclusively to ITV News, Shalim Hussain said he refuses to believe the family has been radicalised.

Click below to watch the full report from ITV News Anglia's Russell Hookey.

Load more updates