Three men have been arrested in Letchworth and Luton on suspicion of being involved in acts of terrorism.
A man in his 20s was arrested just after midday at a business address in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, while the other two men (one in his 20s and the other in his 30s) were arrested shortly after at two separate residential addresses in the Luton area.
All three are being held on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
The Metropolitan Police say searches are underway at two addresses in the Luton area as part of the investigation - which is looking into alleged "Islamist-related terrorism".
The son of a Luton grandfather who is with Islamic State in Syria, along with 11 other family members, has told ITV News that he is there against his will.
75 year old Muhammed Abdul Mannan and his family haven't been seen since leaving for a trip to Bangladesh in May.
Speaking exclusively to ITV News, Shalim Hussain said he refuses to believe the family has been radicalised.
Click below to watch the full report from ITV News Anglia's Russell Hookey.
Son tells ITV News a grandfather who travelled to Syria with 11 members of his family: "would not have gone unless someone tricked him."Read the full story ›
Luton station fell silent as people stood still to observe a minute's silence in honour of the 7/7 victims.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was seriously injured in an assault in Luton.
The victim was assaulted following a disagreement with another driver in Beechwood Road at about 8.55am on Friday.
He needed hospital treatment for his injuries.
Detective Constable Tracey Joyce, investigating, said: “This appears to have been a ‘road rage’ incident in which the victim has sustained serious facial injuries.
"I would urge anyone who witnessed the assault to call police."
A radical Islamist from Luton who fled the country to join Isis has been killed in an airstrike, according to unconfirmed reports.
Abu Rahin Aziz skipped bail and left the UK after he was sentenced to 36 weeks in jail for attacking a football fan in London.
It's now been suggested that he died in an American drone strike in Syria over the weekend.
The Foreign Office told ITV News Anglia that they can't yet confirm the reports because they don't have any representatives in Syria.
Police have revealed that they stopped a member of the family of 12 from Luton that are feared to have fled to Syria, just a day before they left the UK.
One of the party was stopped at Heathrow Airport and was the subject of an examination, but wasn't arrested.
As that was going on, a search was simultaneously carried out at the family's home address on Spencer Road in Luton.
However, officers say that didn't find anything that suggested the family were about to travel to Syria so they allowed them to travel the next day without intervening.
The party had initially travelled to Bangladesh from Heathrow via Istanbul on 10 April.
They flew back to Istanbul on 11 May and were due to fly back to Heathrow on 14 May.
However they failed to return and were reported missing by a relative in Luton on 17 May.
Police say they still can't be sure if the family did travel to Syria.
Six Bedfordshire Police officers are being investigated over the death of a man in custody last month.
25-year-old Istiak Yusuf died at Luton Police Station after "falling ill".
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has launched an inquiry into the adequacy of the searches carried out.
"Since Mr Yusuf's death we have met with Mr Yusuf's wife and family several times to update them on the progress of our investigation.
At this early stage our investigation is focussing on the adequacy of searches conducted when Mr Yusuf was arrested and later booked into custody. We have served misconduct notices on three Bedfordshire Police constables and two sergeants to inform them that they are being investigated in respect of the searches.
A Custody Detention Officer is also being investigated in respect of a check conducted on Mr Yusuf during his time in custody, and who has been served with a gross misconduct notice."
A far-right demonstration through Luton may have passed off peacefully at the weekend - but it cost nearly £300,000 to police.
The Bedfordshire force would normally get that money back from the government - but a possible change in the rules - could mean that, in future, taxpayers have to foot the bill instead.
Click below to watch Sarah Cooper's report:
There are fears that a missing family of 12 from Bedfordshire could have travelled to Syria.
The group, which includes 3 children, failed to return home from a holiday to Bangladesh.
Click below to hear the latest from Sarah Beecroft