Live updates

Baby given contaminated feed at Addenbrooke's Hospital has died

A baby given contaminated feed at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge has died. Credit: ITV News Anglia

Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge has confirmed that a baby given a suspected contaminated nutrition drip has died.

It's the third baby to die after 23 became ill after the incident was first reported.

A spokesman for the Cambridge University Hospital Trust said: "We can confirm that a baby has died after receiving contaminated nutritional fluid (TPN). Our thoughts are with the family and we are supporting them during this very difficult and emotional time."

Two other babies who were ill are stable and reported to be doing well. The hospital says it's confident that no other newborns have contracted the bug, bacillus cereus.

The spokesman added: "“A consultant neonatologist has spoken to all of the families on the unit. The babies on the unit have been closely monitored for any signs of infection since we withdraw the contaminated feed."

Advertisement

Police hunting would-be killers after attacks

Police in Luton are hunting for would-be killers after a man was mown down in a hit and run incident and another man was shot in the back. Police have released CCTV pictures of the 24-year-old man being hit by a car in a bid to try and trace the attacker.

They are potentially linking it with a shooting last month in which another man was shot with pellets. Both attacks are being treated as attempted murder. Matthew Hudson reports

Advertisement

Police charge two men with Luton murder

Detectives investigating the death of a 50 year old man who was found seriously injured in a public car park in Luton on June 14 have charged two men in connection with his murder.

Carl Stockwell, aged 25, of Dallow Road, Luton, and Daniel McRedmond, aged 19, of Shirley Road, Luton, are charged with the murder of Zbignew (Ziggy) Pawelec. A third man has been released on bail pending further enquiries.

Mr Pawelec was a Polish national who had been living in Luton since 2008. His family are in Poland. A post mortem revealed he died from head injuries.

Hit and run linked to another attempted murder

Warning: Video contains graphic content_

Dramatic footage has been released showing the moment a car deliberately hit a pedestrian in Bedfordshire and then drove off. It happened on Radnor Road in Luton at eleven o'clock in the evening two weeks ago today.

Bedfordshire Police is hoping these CCTV pictures will help identify the driver. The Major Crime Unit is now investigating and Detectives say it could be linked to another incident last month. Both are being treated as attempted murder.

New appeal in murder investigation

Detectives have launched a fresh appeal to find a man wanted for the murder of Marcus Hall, who was beaten and stabbed to death in Luton 13 years ago.

A reward of 5 thousand pounds is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of Adebayo Ekun, who's 37.

Seven men have already been convicted for the murder of the 18-year-old in 2001.

Adebayo Ekun Credit: Bedfordshire Police

Vauxhall considers second shift at Luton factory

A new Vivaro outside Vauxhall's Luton factory
A new Vivaro outside Vauxhall's Luton factory Credit: ITV News Anglia

Luton based Vauxhall says it's considering introducing a second shift at the Luton van plant.

The announcement comes on the day the company launched the latest version of the Vivaro van.

The decision to build the vehicles in Luton has secured the future of 1,200 jobs over the next decade with the prospect of more workers being recruited in the future.

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories