The Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has taken to social media for the first time since he was left paralysed from the waist down following a fall last month.
Tyicki was involved in a four-horse pile-up at Kempton and is still in intensive care.
Last night he posted a message on Twitter thanking the racing community for their support - his first public communication since the incident.
Struggling and fighting !!!! Thank you every single one for all the support! Here is to a long road in front of me! Much love ❤️everyone!
An ITV Racing presenter who set up a fund for injured Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki says he's been blown away by the response.Read the full story ›
The fundraising page set up for injured Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has now raised more than £250,000.
The 30-year-old has been told by doctors that his lower body is paralysed after a fall in Kempton last week. Tylicki remains in intensive care in a stable condition.
The GoFundMe page was set up by television presenter Matt Chapman.
A fundraising page set up for Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has raised over £125,000 in just over 24 hours.
Tylicki has been told by doctors his lower body is paralysed after he sustained spinal injuries in a fall at Kempton on Monday.<
The page was set up by At The Races TV presenter Matt Chapman and the response from within racing has been phenomenal.
With Sky Bet, BetVictor, Coral/Ladbrokes and William Hill all promising a further £10,000 donation each, the total is set to rise further still.
Racing figures such as Tylicki's former boss Richard Fahey, Luca Cumani, Sheikh Fahad Al Thani and champion jockey Jim Crowley, who was also involved in the Kempton incident but escaped with a broken nose, have all donated.
Newmarket jockey partly paralysedRead the full story ›
The Queen was met by crowds of well-wishers as she visited Newmarket in Suffolk this morning.Read the full story ›
A Newmarket jockey is in intensive care after he was involved in a serious fall yesterday.Read the full story ›
The Queen is to unveil a statue of herself with thoroughbred horses and open a horse racing heritage centre when she visits Newmarket.Read the full story ›
More than 100 MPs are calling on Barack Obama to block the extradition of a Suffolk man accused of hacking into US government computer networks.
Lauri Love, from Stradishall near Newmarket, is alleged to have stolen significant amounts of data from US agencies including the federal Reserve, Nasa and the FBI. He could face up to 99 years in prison if found guilty.
105 cross-party backbenchers have signed a letter to the US President leader, stressing their "deep concern for the safety" Mr Love, who has Asperger's Syndrome.
The letter points out that the UK has prosecuted at least 12 people who have hacked US-based computer systems.
The UK criminal justice system is equipped to bring justice through sentencing and rehabilitating people who are adjudged to have committed these crimes.
Many of these 12 cases did not involve individuals who have significant mental health issues, nor Asperger syndrome and were not at a high risk of suicide, yet they were not extradited.
We would like to ask, why then is the United States insistent on Mr Love's extradition despite the UK having a proven track record of appropriately sentencing and rehabilitating individuals who have committed computer-hacking offences against the US?
Mr Love, who also suffers from depression and severe eczema, has said a jail term in the US would cause his health to deteriorate and would lead to a mental breakdown or suicide.
"We are very happy for this young man to be tried in our courts and to see justice served here," Autism Commission chair Barry Sheerman MP said.
"But his mental health is so precious that we feel he would self-harm if he was sent back to the United States."
Video report by ITV News Anglia's Emily Knight
The landowner behind the controversial Hatchfield Farm housing development in Newmarket says he will appeal the Government's decision to refuse planning permission.
400 homes were due to be built on the site off Fordham Road.
The Council says it won't appeal and is working on a new growth plan for the town, but Lord Derby says he isn't giving up just yet.