The Norfolk and Norwich hospital is asking visitors to stay away to help stop the spread of Norovirus which has closed one ward.Read the full story ›
Hundreds of puzzle makers have spent two weeks constructing the world's largest jigsaw, only to find it has four pieces missing.Read the full story ›
People in Norfolk are being asked to put their name forward to be a governor of the county's flagship hospital.
The election is underway to fill five vacancies - one for Norwich, one for Broadland, two for Breckland and one for a new constituency called "the rest of England" which is open to people living outside of Norfolk and Waveney.
The council of governors provides a direct link between the hospital and the local community.
Governors, who must be aged 16 or over, serve for a term of three years and can then be re-elected.
Potential candidates have until November 6 to return their completed election forms and the results will be announced on December 18.
The Chief Inspector of Hospitals wants patients to tell him about the care they have received at Norfolk's flagship hospital.
The information would be used to help the Care Quality Commission (CQC) decide what to look at when they assess the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital next month.
The watchdog is due to carry out a formal inspection beginning on Tuesday November 10.
It will be the first time the trust has been assessed under the CQC's new regime which will see the hospital given a rating from "outstanding" to "inadequate".
"We know there is too much variation in quality - these new in-depth inspections will allow us to get a much more detailed picture of care in hospitals than ever before.
"This is your opportunity to tell the team what you think, and make a difference to the NHS services in the local area."
A meeting to gather opinions from patients and the community will be held on Tuesday November 10 at The Space Norwich at Roundtree Way from 6pm.
The finance director of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has resigned.
Julie Cave had been with the trust since 2009. It now faces a £9.5m deficit.
Her departure means there are only two permanent directors in its executive team.
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith said she would be seeking reassurance from the trust's chief executive that the resignation would not impact on patients and the care they received.
A doctor has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a male patient on a busy hospital ward in Norfolk.
Manav Arora, 37, from Birmingham, denied the sexual assault at Norwich Crown Court but was found guilty after a four-day trial.
The locum doctor was working at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital when the alleged incident happened in September last year.
The victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said the attack took place behind a curtain while other patients lay nearby.
Arora has been warned he faces a jail term when he's sentenced at a later date.
A doctor accused of sexually assaulting a patient on a busy hospital ward has faced similar allegations in the past, a court has heard.Read the full story ›
A patient has described the moment a doctor allegedly sexually assaulted him on a busy ward at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.Read the full story ›
A doctor has been charged with sexually assaulting a male patient at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Dr Manav Arora, 36, of Barnfield Grove, Birmingham, has been charged with one count of sexual touching and one of indecent exposure.
The charges relate to an incident at the hospital in September last year.
Arora has been released on police bail and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Friday January 23.
An internal major incident at the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital has now been stood down.
The status was introduced yesterday after an extremely high demand for emergency care.
It has now been stood down and the hospital says it is due to the excellent response by staff to the major incident status.
"An internal major incident was launched as a result of extremely high demand for emergency care. This resulted in us being able to discharge patients to provide capacity for the Bank Holiday. The internal major incident status has been stood down as a result of the excellent response of our staff and we would like to thank them for their hard work."