More than 700 jobs have been created in the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone according to figures just released.
The jobs boost has been announced by the Communities Secretary, Eric Pickles.
The region is said to have been particularly successful in the energy sector, bringing £994 million a year to Norfolk and Suffolk.
It's hoped the Enterprise Zone will have created 9,000 jobs by 2025.
"Enterprise Zones are now picking up the pace and really starting to deliver for the economy. We're seeing activity across the country from established sites attracting some of the biggest names in business to derelict sites being brought back to life. That's because our long-term economic plan is giving businesses the confidence to invest. They know that Enterprise Zones work and are making the most of the top-class incentives and world-class infrastructure on offer. "
Detectives are investigating after the body of a woman was found at a house in Norwich.
Officers were called to a house in The Avenues off Colman Road at about 5.30pm last night and discovered the body of an elderly woman inside.
The death is being treated as suspicious and the property has been sealed off while officers carry out forensic enquiries.
A local man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the incident and has been taken into police custody for questioning.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Durham, who is overseeing the enquiry, said:
"The investigation remains in the early stages and we are working to establish the sequence of events which led to this woman's death."
The Environment Agency have started work today on annual maintenance of the shingle embankment and beach which helps protect people and properties from tidal flooding between Snettisham and Hunstanton. The work is expected to take 3 weeks.
The embankment is a ‘soft’ sea defence, which requires annual maintenance to repair any damage sustained over the winter.
Ryan Ely, Environment Agency Flood and Coastal Risk Advisor, said
“We generally re-use around 7,000 cubic metres of sand and shingle to reinforce the defences, with this stage of the work bringing the defences back to the right standard. This process is known as beach recycling and is the most sustainable way to protect the coast in this location.”
The work is being done in consultation with Natural England and the RSPB.
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a man in Wells this morning
Officers were called to the harbour at about 9.45am after reports the body of a man had been pulled from the water.
Paramedics and the air ambulance attended and attempts were made to resuscitate the man but he died at the scene.
Police are making enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding the man’s death however it is not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
A bright and frosty morning it will be dry for most of the day with sunny spells.Read the full story ›
A motorsport photographer from Norfolk has lost his battle with cancer two months after being diagnosed with the disease.
Mark Callf was told he had terminal lung cancer just before Christmas.
Last month hundreds of the drivers he had photographed over the years held a rally in his name. It raised thousands of pounds for Norfolk cancer charity Big C.
The Environment Agency has issued flood alerts for the coastline around King's Lynn.
High water levels are expected due to a combination of spring tides and a tidal surge. It's due to peak at around 8pm.
For the latest flood warnings from the Environment Agency check their website here.
Emergency services are dealing with a gas leak in Norwich city centre.
Two fire engines, police and teams from National Grid were called to the site outside the Travelodge hotel on St Vedast Street just after 8.15am.
The joint highest spring tides for 18.6 years will peak this Saturday but, without severe weather, only minor impacts are expectedRead the full story ›
A student who inadvertently sparked a police manhunt while shooting a horror film in Norwich has apologised for his actions.
Firearms officers and police dogs were deployed to Mousehold Heath after alarmed members of the public reported a man carrying a sword on Wednesday evening.
But the teams were stood down after about an hour after the suspect's mother rang Norfolk Police's control room saying it was in fact her 18-year-old son filming for a college project and the weapon was identified as a fake machete.
The unnamed teenager has apologised in a letter to the Norwich Evening News. He said that in hindsight the sight of the killer, dressed in bandages, a Trilby hat and holding a blood splattered-machete, at the side of the road, may have alarmed passers-by.
"I am incredibly upset at the response I have caused as a result of me trying to get a good grade and I completely understand the gravity of the situation."
"Everyone is right to be scared of people covering their faces and looking shady in the dark, let alone whilst holding a machete covered with fake blood."
"We would kindly ask members of the public if they are planning any sort of activity or filming in a public place that may prompt concern amongst the public and, consequently, trigger any police activity, to call us in advance so that we can give suitable advice."