Researchers at Papworth and Addenbrookes hospitals in Cambridgeshire have discovered that a swine flu jab which was given to hundreds of thousands of children carried an increased risk of developing the sleep disorder narcolepsy.
Working with the Health Protection Agency they found that one child in 55,000 given Pandermix developed the condition. The vaccine was used during the swine flu outbreak that began in 2009.
Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire will raise awareness about a form of cancer today with the release of balloons and doves. Almost two thousand people in the UK die every year from Mesothelioma. Most cases are thought to be caused by exposure to asbestos.