A man who stabbed two men in unprovoked and random attacks in Peterborough has been detained in hospital.
Parvez Sabeil, 28, pleaded guilty to two counts of Section 20 wounding at Cambridge Crown Court.
They relate to attacks at about 12.30pm on July 9 last year in Cambridge Avenue, Peterborough, when Sabeil stabbed two members of the public, a 25-year-old man and then a 46-year-old man.
Sabeil had just bought a large kitchen knife and had got out of a taxi at the road's junction with Lincoln Road when he stabbed the 25-year-old pedestrian several times in the chest and back.
The victim ran away and Sabeil attacked the older man, a cyclist, who was crossing the road, stabbing him in the chest and back.
Sabeil, of Alexandra Road, Peterborough, was arrested at about 2pm the same day. The victim's injuries were serious but not life threatening and both men recovered.
Judge Gareth Hawkesworth said he was satisfied the hospital order, with a restriction under Section 41 of the Mental Health Act, was appropriate given the seriousness of Sabeil's offences and his psychological condition. He will not be released until he is deemed not to be a risk to the public.
"I hope this outcome brings some comfort for the victims, who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"They know that Sabeil will not be release until he is no longer a risk to members of the public."
Dave Robertson has been confirmed as the new manager of Peterborough United.
The former soldier has just signed a three year deal with the club alongside Grant McCann as assistant manager.
Club chairman Darragh MacAnthony told the club's website:
The new management team are well aware I yearn for winning a title, yearn for healthy cup runs, yearn for goals galore and ultimately to be entertained with the style of football we play. The club has invested nearly £200k in a new pitch for the upcoming season, one I’m told will be up there with the best of them and with our recruitment process well under way, I have no doubt success will follow and next season could and should indeed be one of our best yet.
It has taken nine years but today the Chief Executive of Peterborough-based Thomas Cook finally said he was "deeply sorry" for the deaths of two British children killed by carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu.
Christi and Bobby Shepherd, who were 6 and 7, died at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on the Greek island in 2006 while on a Thomas Cook holiday. An inquest ruled last week that the company had "breached its duty of care".
Now the company is trying to fight back from what has been widely considered to be a PR disaster.
Click below to watch a report from ITV News Anglia's Elodie Harper
The boss of Thomas Cook has said he is "deeply sorry" over the deaths of two young children killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in Corfu and apologised for the company's handling of the incident.
Peter Fankhauser, chief executive of the travel firm which has its UK base in Peterborough, pledged to apologise directly to the family of Bobby and Christi Shepherd, who died at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on the Greek holiday island in 2006. The children were overcome by fumes from a faulty boiler.
Thomas Cook employs 1,000 people in the Peterborough area and is facing a public backlash over the way it has treated the family since the tragedy.
The boss of Thomas Cook said he is "deeply sorry" over the deaths of two British children killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in Corfu.Read the full story ›
The former managing director of Thomas Cook has criticised the company's handling of the deaths of two children in a hotel in Corfu.
John McEwan said the company "should have spent a great deal more time thinking about how they engage with the family" of Bobby and Christi Shepherd who were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu in 2006.
"Their first priority should have always have been the health and wealth of the family through the circumstances they were going through," he told ITV News.
Squatters who have occupied an office block in Peterborough - are protesting about a range of issues, including homelessness and Government austerity measures.
Aqua House used to be the offices of the Environment Agency and is now owned by the city council.
It's due to be demolished as part of a redevelopment of the riverside area.
ITV News Anglia's Stuart Leithes went to speak to the protestors, click below to watch his report.
A group of squatters have occupied an empty office block in Peterborough and attached anti-Government banners to the outside.
The group, who call themselves the 'Peterboro Squatters Autonomy', have taken over the former Environment Agency offices in East Station Road.
The group say they are campaigning for the end of austerity.
It's unclear how long the group have been inside the building.
"We want to end austerity and have homes for the homeless, we want to end the sale of the NHS...We want to help the police with their pension cuts and we'd like the police to be able to strike. We want everybody to stand up and say we're not happy."
But the council says the building is due to be demolished as part of a re-development of the South Bank area of Peterborough
"We are now in the process of taking appropriate legal action to evict the squatters who are occupying Aqua House. All doors were securely locked and windows were barricaded. We employ a security firm to check the building twice a day. Entry appears to have been gained between the security check on Saturday evening and about 10.30am on Sunday morning when we were alerted."
A "predatory" restaurant boss has been jailed for 13 years after becoming the last of a string of men to be convicted of child sex crimes in Peterborough.
Married businessman Mohammed Khubaib, 43, originally from Pakistan, had a "persistent and almost predatory interest" in teenage girls, the Old Bailey heard.
He groomed vulnerable under-age girls by giving them money, gifts or cigarettes before plying them with alcohol.
Following a trial, he was found guilty of forcing a 14-year-old girl to perform a sex act on him and nine counts of trafficking for sexual exploitation,involving girls aged from 12 to 15, between November 2010 and January 2013.
Football fans have been invited to attend the funeral of Chris Turner.
A service for the former Peterborough and Cambridge United Manager will take place at Peterborough Cathedral this morning.
Turner died last month at the age of 64 after being diagnosed with dementia eight years ago.