An eight-and-a-half foot boa constrictor is on the loose in Essex.
Liam Pilcher, from Chelmsford, returned home on Saturday night to discover his beloved pet Thor was no longer in his cage - or anywhere in the house.
Liam said he was very concerned for the snake's welfare and urged anyone who saw Thor to get in touch via Facebook.
But he insisted people should not be frightened.
A Norfolk firefighter has freed a trapped tortoise with nothing more than a smear of Vaseline.
Tommy the tortoise got his leg stuck in the base of a heavy sundial in a garden in East Harling.
When the owner couldn't rescue him, a fire officer from Norfolk Fire Service was called in from Thetford.
Derek Sim told the Eastern Daily Press that Tommy was "quite distressed" and was hissing violently. The lubricant was rubbed on his leg and Tommy slipped out.
Campaigners for animal rights are tonight backing calls to ban electric shock collars, used to train dogs and cats.
The devices, which are freely on sale, are said to cause pain, fear and distress to the animals instead of rewarding them for good behaviour.
But the people who make, sell and use the collars say they are a valuable training aid that can help to control dogs when they are distracted or at a distance from the owner.
Click below to watch a report by ITV News reporter David Johns on the pros and cons
What do you think about using electric collars to train dogs?
A noisy parrot has got his owner in a spot of bother with the local council.
King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council has received a complaint that Buddy the African Grey makes too much noise.
The council says it is investigating and could serve a noise abatement order.
Click below to watch a report from ITV News Anglia's Stuart Leithes
Pet owners in Norfolk and Suffolk are being asked to volunteer to take their dogs and cats into hospitals to visit patients in mental health wards.
Experts say contact with an animal can be beneficial, can alleviate depression and give patients something to look forward to.