Live updates

Norfolk man faces jail after "Fake Sheikh" Tulisa sting

Alan Smith arriving at court in London. Credit: PA Wire

Norfolk man Alan Smith and "Fake Sheikh" reporter Mazher Mahmood have been found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice following a trial at the Old Bailey.

The former undercover News of the World reporter, 53, and Smith, 67, conspired to suppress evidence in the collapsed drugs trial of N-Dubz singer Tulisa Contostavlos.

The singer had been accused of arranging for Mahmood to be sold £800 of cocaine by one of her contacts following an elaborate sting for the Sun on Sunday in May 2013.

Tulisa claimed she had been the victim of "a horrific and disgusting entrapment". Credit: PA Wire

During a meeting at the Metropolitan Hotel in London, Mahmood pretended to be a film producer and plied Miss Contostavlos with alcohol as they discussed an acting role alongside Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio.

As Smith, who is from Dereham, drove the former X Factor judge to her Hertfordshire home, she allegedly discussed a family member who had a drugs problem.

When he was interviewed by police about the journey over a year later, Smith recalled the conversation.

However, a day later, after speaking to Mahmood and emailing his draft statement, the singer's anti-drugs comments were removed, the court heard.

Click here for more details on this story.


Tulisa returns to Essex court on assault charge

The pop star Tulisa has been back in court in Essex charged with assault and threatening behaviour at a music festival in our region.

The former X-Factor judge is accused of hitting a celebrity blogger at the V-Festival last year.

She denies the charges.

Our reporter Serena Sandhu has been following the case and sent us this from Chelmsford Crown Court.

Singer back in court on assault charge

Tulisa Contostavlos arriving at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court Credit: ITV News Anglia

The singer, Tulisa Contostavlos, is back in court today accused of assaulting a celebrity blogger.

The case, at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, was adjourned in May for further witnesses to be called.

The former N-Dubz singer, who's 25, denies attacking writer Savvas Morgan at the V-Festival last August.


Tulisa: Sex tape ordeal worst time of my life

Tulisa leaving Chelmsford Magistrates' Court

Tulisa Contostavlos is on trial for allegedly assaulting a blogger.

Asked by her barrister Jeremy Dein QC if she assaulted Mr Morgan, Contostavlos said: "Most definitely not."

Mr Dein asked about a sex tape of Contostavlos which was leaked to the press.

She said she found out Mr Morgan may have been involved in this, adding: "I couldn't confirm at the time that he was involved because I didn't know at the time the tape existed.

"Once I knew, a couple of details made me believe he was involved a lot more than he made out."

Describing the publication of the sex tape, she went on: "I was horrified - it was one of the worst times of my life.

"I recorded a video on YouTube explaining the situation and put it up online and posted it on my Twitter account.

"An ex-boyfriend had taken what was supposed to be private footage of us and many years later tried to sell it and put it online."