Live updates

Advertisement

Concern grows after Suffolk man goes missing in the Alps

David Wood has gone missing in France. Credit: ITV News Anglia

It's believed a man missing in the French Alps comes from Suffolk.

It's reported he's an electrical engineer who's 61 and from Woodbridge.

One report says he was last seen on Tuesday after setting off on a hike from his holiday home in the mountain village of Marie just north of Nice.

The Foreign Office are not naming him, but told ITV News Anglia they're in contact with local authorities and are supporting his family.

Man charged with dangerous driving as lorry hits several cars

A 41-year-old man been charged with dangerous driving and possession of an offensive weapon. Credit: ITV News Anglia

A 41-year-old man been charged with dangerous driving and possession of an offensive weapon after a lorry hit a number of car in the Woodbridge area of Suffolk

Serguei Fedotov, of no fixed abode, was arrested on Saturday 30 July after police took reports of a lorry that had been in collision with a number of car.

He was taken into custody and charged with dangerous driving and possession of an offensive weapon – a baseball bat.

He is due to to appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court on Monday 1 August.

Advertisement

Plans to transform 7th century Suffolk burial ground unveiled

A visitor looks at an exhibition of artefacts from Sutton Hoo. Credit: PA

The National Trust has today unveiled a new £2.4m project to transform the Sutton Hoo burial ground.

The 7th century ground, near Woodbridge in Suffolk, is considered one of the world’s most important archaeological sites.

Plans include building a raised platform to provide views over the entire burial ground and to the River Deben beyond it.

An enhanced formal education programme, an art and craftsmanship programme and new volunteering roles will also be introduced.

The project has received a £150,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund to progress through its early development stages.

The National Trust says it will consult with the local community about the overall shape of the plans.

“We want to enrich and enhance the experience people have when visiting Sutton Hoo.

“This special place is about so much more than the treasure, it tells the hugely significant story of how the first English people lived their lives.

“Their significance continues to resonate down the centuries in our language, our craft traditions and our connections to land and landscape.

– Luke Potter, East Suffolk General Manager

Update: Missing man from Suffolk found

David Stapleton Credit: Suffolk Police

A missing 86-year-old man from Woodbridge has been found.

David Stapleton had last been seen at his home address in Woodbridge, at lunch time on the 25th October 2015.

Mr Stapleton was found safe and well by police in Norfolk this morning.

Police would like to thank members of the public for their assistance with this appeal.

Police appeal for missing Suffolk man

David Stapleton has been missing since Wednesday 25th October Credit: Suffolk police

Suffolk police are appealing for help in tracing a missing 86 year old man from Woodbridge.

David Stapleton was last seen at his home address in The Avenue, Woodbridge at lunch time on the 25th October 2015.

Police have released a description of David.

  • 5 ft 9 inches tall
  • Medium build
  • Grey hair
  • balding on top with a full grey beard

Officers are concerned for his welfare and are asking anyone who has seen David or has any information on where he may be to contact Suffolk Police on 101.

Load more updates