Transport Minister Norman Baker has given the go ahead for a new £22m package of sustainable transport measures for Ipswich.
The Department for Transport says 'Ipswich - Transport Fit for the 21st Century' will include the following measures:
- changes to the town centre bus interchanges;
- expansion and improvement of other bus facilities;
- an Urban Traffic Management and Control system;
- a Real Time Passenger Information system; and
- a detailed programme of improvements to walk/cycle routes and crossings in and around the town centre.
– Norman Baker MP
"This innovative scheme will make a huge difference to the way people travel around Ipswich and will be a real boon to the local economy by making new business and housing sites more accessible by public transport."