Transport Minister Norman Baker has given the go ahead for a new £22m package of sustainable transport measures for Ipswich.
The Department for Transport says 'Ipswich - Transport Fit for the 21st Century' will include the following measures:
- changes to the town centre bus interchanges;
- expansion and improvement of other bus facilities;
- an Urban Traffic Management and Control system;
- a Real Time Passenger Information system; and
- a detailed programme of improvements to walk/cycle routes and crossings in and around the town centre.
"This innovative scheme will make a huge difference to the way people travel around Ipswich and will be a real boon to the local economy by making new business and housing sites more accessible by public transport."
The skies above Cambridgeshire were filled with historic planes this afternoon as the annual Flying Legends Air Show got underway.
Three of our region's police forces will now look more closely into the possibility of outsourcing civilian services to the public sector.
Families feeding the ducks and geese in Ely in Cambridgeshire could face fines of up to £2,500.