Firefighters who are staging a 24-hour strike in Essex have announced new dates for further industrial action.
Two of the dates coincide with the Olympic Opening and Closing ceremonies but the FBU says it will provide 999 cover on those days.
New strike dates:
- Thursday 26 July - 5pm to 7pm
- Friday 27 July - 6pm to 9am next day (only responding to 999 calls)
- Saturday 11 August - 2.30pm to 5.30pm and 9pm to midnight
- Sunday 12 August - 9am to 6am next day (only responding to 999 calls)
- Wednesday 5 September - 9am to 1pm
- Thursday 18 October - 11am to 4pm
"The fire authority has shown no sign of compromise and has left us no choice other than to call additional action in our campaign against cuts to the frontline fire and rescue service in Essex and other imposed changes."
Further strike dates have been set by firefighters in Essex who've on a 24-hour walkout which is due to end at 9am on Thursday.
Firefighters in Essex have staged a third strike in a dispute over planned cuts. They've walked out until 9am on Thursday.
Fire crews in Essex have started a 24-hour strike in protest over cuts to services. It's the third day of action in three weeks.