Lifeboat stations in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk were called out more than 300 times over the summer, a 16% rise on summer 2011. The region bucked the national trend which saw a small fall in call-outs to the RNLI.
Call-outs from East Anglian RNLI stations in summer 2012
- Hunstanton - 26 (up 225%)
- Wells-Next-The-Sea - 9 (down 31%)
- Sheringham - 2 (down 60%)
- Cromer - 7 (up 40%)
- Happisburgh - 18 (up 500%)
- Great Yarmouth - 17 (up 42%)
- Lowestoft - 16 (up 167%)
- Southwold - 7 (down 22%)
- Aldeburgh - 18 (up 500%)
- Harwich - 43 (up 5%)
- Walton & Frinton - 10 (down 9%)
- Clacton-on-Sea - 20 (down 31%)
- West Mersea - 27 (down 37%)
- Burnham-on-Crouch - 21 (down 13%)
- Southend-on-Sea - 71 (up 16%)
More top news
A charity shop in Framlingham Suffolk has been inundated with Ed Sheeran fans today keen to grab an item of his clothing.
This evening will start mainly dry but cloud will then thicken as outbreaks of rain spread east later in the night. Lows of 12 deg C
This afternoon staying dry and warm despite a strong breeze in places, especially along the coast. Highs of 24 degrees.