When a mother from Cambridgeshire, gave her young son some everyday painkillers for a virus, little did she realise it would leave him on a life-support machine.
11-year-old Calvin Lock suffered a severe allergic reaction to the drugs - causing his body to blister and his skin to fall off.
More top news
After a mild day yesterday, today will feel noticeably colder as temperatures return to average for mid-December. But it will also be sunny.
A rare letter written in the trenches about the 'Christmas day Truce' in 1914 has been found and is to be auctioned off next year.
Emergency services prepare for 'Black Friday' - expected to be the busiest night of the year in pubs and clubs.