The Met Office has a Yellow Weather Warning in force as winds gust in excess of 60 mph in the Anglia region bringing down trees and blocking roads. The weather conditions are adding to the flooding problems which have built up over the past few days.
The Environment Agency has 23 Flood Warnings in force along with 35 Flood Alerts.
The wind is expected to die down later on Sunday but the rain will return on Sunday night.
These are the highest wind gusts recorded so far in the Anglia region:
- 61 mph at Weybourne, Norfolk
- 57 mph at Wattisham, Suffolk
- 54 mph at Andrewsfield, Essex
- 52 mph at Holbeach, Lincolnshire
- 50 mph at Marham and Norwich, Norfolk