Now eating a kebab straight from the stick can be a tricky business and when Reggie the spaniel tried it in his owners' kitchen in Ipswich, it ended in disaster.
The dog swallowed the whole thing - including the wooden skewer - and had to have it removed by a surgeon at the Animal Health Trust near Newmarket.
More top news
Lance Hart, 57, shot dead his 50-year-old wife and their 19-year-old daughter near the Castle sports centre in July. He then killed himself.
Essex Police have reportedly accepted Michael Barrymore was wrongfully arrested and questioned over the murder of a man found at his home.
Bobby Hunt has spoken about his battle with Alzheimer's Disease after a recent study linked heading a football with memory loss.