Now eating a kebab straight from the stick can be a tricky business and when Reggie the spaniel tried it in his owners' kitchen in Ipswich, it ended in disaster.
The dog swallowed the whole thing - including the wooden skewer - and had to have it removed by a surgeon at the Animal Health Trust near Newmarket.
More top news
A coroner has criticised the Luton and Dunstable Hospital after the death of a 10-month-old boy from a rare bowel condition.
A book of condolence has been set up in Luton to give people a chance to pay their respects to victims of the Westminster terror attack.
A sheep farmer from Suffolk is pleading with dog owners to keep their animals under control after several attacks on her flocks.