Here's some top tips from the Police to help protect your mobile from theft:
- Register your phone with your service provider
- Note your 15-digit IMEI Number
- Enable PIN security feature
- Never leave your phone in your car
- Property mark your phone
- Avoid making calls/texting while crossing the road
- If making a call in public always do so with your back against a wall to reduce the possibility of being atacked from behind.
- If you use smartphone - check on downloading a location finder app
- If your phone does get stolen - report it immediately to the police and service provider.
More top news
Dry with clear or sunny spells. Winds easing overnight.
Very warm with sunshine. Chance of thundery showers late morning.
A hot, humid and sunny start before cloud increases as a narrow band of thunderstorms spreads northeast. These clear during the afternoon.