Here's some top tips from the Police to help protect your mobile from theft:
- Register your phone with your service provider
- Note your 15-digit IMEI Number
- Enable PIN security feature
- Never leave your phone in your car
- Property mark your phone
- Avoid making calls/texting while crossing the road
- If making a call in public always do so with your back against a wall to reduce the possibility of being atacked from behind.
- If you use smartphone - check on downloading a location finder app
- If your phone does get stolen - report it immediately to the police and service provider.
More top news
A bogus gardener who admitted stealing from pensioners across Hertfordshire has been handed a prison sentence.
Essex could get an extra 150 frontline police officers - if a proposal to increase council tax is approved.
Up to one million defective tumble dryers are potential fire hazards in British homes. MPs are demanding "urgent action" from the company.