The family of the 19-year-old man who died following a drugs incident at Witham have urged others not to fall into the same trap. Bradley Cockel, from Braintree, is thought to have died after taking an LSD related drug called 2CE from a crudely-produced batch.
Bradley was a loving and beautiful son and brother.
He was an important part of our close family. Even at 19 years of age he wanted to be with and part of the family and worked hard in the family business. We enjoyed holidays together and he was a sensible young man who had the brightest of futures in front of him. Please let this serve as a lesson to anyone who thinks that it is safe to experiment with drugs because if anyone could see or feel the pain that our family is suffering, and will continue to suffer, then they would realise that it is a risk that is not worth taking.'
More top news
A hot, humid and sunny start before cloud increases as a narrow band of thunderstorms spreads northeast. These clear during the afternoon.
A fine and sunny end to Friday will then be followed by a warm and muggy night. Warm and sunny on Saturday with the risk of a thunderstorm.
A beautician, disfigured for life when acid was thrown in her face, says she's upset her attacker is free after serving just half sentence.