A government target of getting superfast broadband into 90% of homes by 2015 is running two years behind schedule.
The high-speed internet access would be 24 Megabits per second or higher.
There was a wide-range of government funding allocations in the Anglia region which were based of a finance model of broadband need:
- £15.4 million for Norfolk
- £14.3 million for Lincolnshire
- £11.7 million for Suffolk
- £6.8 million for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- £6.5 million for Essex
- £4.2 million for Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
- £4.1 million for Northamptonshire
- £2.0 million for Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
More top news
A new 'no-budget' film is being made using the vast landscapes of the Norfolk countryside as its setting.
Documents that give a harrowing insight into the lives of slaves in the late 18th century have been published online.
A herd of rare sheep is being grazed on a nature reserve in west Norfolk in an effort to help the birds who nest there.