A government target of getting superfast broadband into 90% of homes by 2015 is running two years behind schedule.
The high-speed internet access would be 24 Megabits per second or higher.
There was a wide-range of government funding allocations in the Anglia region which were based of a finance model of broadband need:
- £15.4 million for Norfolk
- £14.3 million for Lincolnshire
- £11.7 million for Suffolk
- £6.8 million for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- £6.5 million for Essex
- £4.2 million for Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
- £4.1 million for Northamptonshire
- £2.0 million for Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
More top news
Bright or sunny spells to start the day, with occasional showers likely by afternoon
Showers will ease this evening, taking us into a dry night ahead. Generally dry with sunny spells to start tomorrow. Cloud increasing later
The Clacton MP Douglas Carswell was booed during PMQs today as he tried to thank the Prime Minister.