A government target of getting superfast broadband into 90% of homes by 2015 is running two years behind schedule.
The high-speed internet access would be 24 Megabits per second or higher.
There was a wide-range of government funding allocations in the Anglia region which were based of a finance model of broadband need:
- £15.4 million for Norfolk
- £14.3 million for Lincolnshire
- £11.7 million for Suffolk
- £6.8 million for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- £6.5 million for Essex
- £4.2 million for Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
- £4.1 million for Northamptonshire
- £2.0 million for Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
More top news
Outbreaks of rain, perhaps thundery, clearing northwards during the morning, then a mainly dry day with a chance of showers following.
Rain spreading north tonight and perhaps thundery at times, but a drier day tomorrow with minimum temperatures of 10 deg C
Organiser's of Peterborough's 33rd Truckfest say around 30,000 people have visited the event over the last two days.