A government target of getting superfast broadband into 90% of homes by 2015 is running two years behind schedule.
The high-speed internet access would be 24 Megabits per second or higher.
There was a wide-range of government funding allocations in the Anglia region which were based of a finance model of broadband need:
- £15.4 million for Norfolk
- £14.3 million for Lincolnshire
- £11.7 million for Suffolk
- £6.8 million for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- £6.5 million for Essex
- £4.2 million for Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
- £4.1 million for Northamptonshire
- £2.0 million for Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
More top news
Over 740,000 adults aged 40-60 in our region do not achieve ten minutes of continuous brisk walking over the course of a month.
Six people - aged between 16 and 28 - have been arrested over two stabbings in Newmarket earlier this week.
The NSPCC is referring a record number of reports of neglect to police and social services - including a massive increase from this region.