A government target of getting superfast broadband into 90% of homes by 2015 is running two years behind schedule.
The high-speed internet access would be 24 Megabits per second or higher.
There was a wide-range of government funding allocations in the Anglia region which were based of a finance model of broadband need:
- £15.4 million for Norfolk
- £14.3 million for Lincolnshire
- £11.7 million for Suffolk
- £6.8 million for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- £6.5 million for Essex
- £4.2 million for Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
- £4.1 million for Northamptonshire
- £2.0 million for Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
More top news
A month on from the biggest rail timetable shake-up in a generation and commuters say they are still facing delays and cancellations.
It will be a warm and sunny evening but turning cooler tonight. Lows of 7 deg C. Saturday will be dry, sunny and warm. Highs of 23 deg C.
The latest of our Tails and Trails takes in the historic Pin Mill in Suffolk and Yarwell Mill and Nene Park in Peterborough.