Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service heatwave safety tips:
1) Never throw the ends out of car windows. After smoking, make sure cigarettes are properly extinguished and thrown away safely.
2) Try to avoid lighting open fires outside wherever possible.
3) Only barbecue in areas where they are allowed.
4) Always take your rubbish with you – especially glass bottles, as these can magnify the sun’s rays and start fires and hurt people and animals.
5) If you must have an open fire, clear dry vegetation and leaves away and build a stack around the flame that will collapse inwards while burning.
6) Never leave a fire unattended and make sure they are always fully extinguished after use.
More top news
Another cold night ahead. Dry with sunny spells tomorrow after early mist and fog clears
The 32-year-old has decided to bring an end to her time on the boards after competing at every level of competition in the sport.
The sun put on quite a display last night and our viewers captured some beautiful shots. Here are a few you shared with us...