Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service heatwave safety tips:
1) Never throw the ends out of car windows. After smoking, make sure cigarettes are properly extinguished and thrown away safely.
2) Try to avoid lighting open fires outside wherever possible.
3) Only barbecue in areas where they are allowed.
4) Always take your rubbish with you – especially glass bottles, as these can magnify the sun’s rays and start fires and hurt people and animals.
5) If you must have an open fire, clear dry vegetation and leaves away and build a stack around the flame that will collapse inwards while burning.
6) Never leave a fire unattended and make sure they are always fully extinguished after use.
More top news
Cloud will come and go during Saturday but it will be sunnier by Sunday. Feeling cold with some frost at night but winds will be light.
A former Paraympic gold medallist says she may have to give up her sport after her funding was reduced.
Start the weekend off with a smile by reading the latest festive messages in ITV News Anglia's Christmas Shout Out series.