A lightning strike caused a house fire in Bedford this morning.
The chimney stack of the house in Primrose Field caught light at around half past six.
The family living there were led to safety. Firefighters in breathing apparatus and an aerial platform were used to bring the fire under control.
More top news
Suffolk nurse Will Pooley who contracted Ebola in August headed out to Sierra Leone at the weekend to continue nursing thousands infected.
A new film premieres tonight based around the events of the alleged UFO sightings in Suffolk in 1980.
One of the stars of Downton Abbey has talked movingly about the loss of his wife following an eating disorder.