A lightning strike caused a house fire in Bedford this morning.
The chimney stack of the house in Primrose Field caught light at around half past six.
The family living there were led to safety. Firefighters in breathing apparatus and an aerial platform were used to bring the fire under control.
More top news
Hundreds of council workers have gathered in sports centres and town halls across the region to count the votes in the 2016 local elections.
The votes are being counted in 22 councils across the Anglia region in the biggest test of political opinion since the General Election.
Clear skies overnight but remaining frost-free. Another sunny day tomorrow and increasingly warm as we head towards the weekend.