The cause of the fire at the University Arms Hotel in Cambridge is believed to be accidental, according to the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Almost 150 people had to escape from the iconic building when a devastating fire broke out on Tuesday.
Update: Cause of Fire at University Arms in Cambridge was accidental - believed to be fault in air conditioning unit
More top news
Blustery winds, with gales in places, through the evening and into the night, with further showers blowing through.
Farmers in the region are warning food prices could rise because of last month's dry weather and a new European ban on certain pesticides.
The Environment Agency has issued a number of flood warning for coastal areas and tidal rivers in the Anglia region.