Another storm has battered the UK during the last twenty four hours with western areas faring worse this time. Aberdaron in West Wales recorded a gust of 109 miles per hour during a period earlier today in which the mean wind speed approached hurricane force.
Although the Anglia region has avoided the stormiest of the weather, we've still seen some strong gusts of wind. Here are some of the top speeds recorded earlier today:
- Weybourne - 61 miles per hour
- Holbeach - 59 miles per hour
- Wittering - 56 miles per hour
- Andrewsfield - 47 miles per hour
- Monks Wood - 47 miles per hour
Much lighter winds are expected this weekend along with more sunshine. However, it will remain chilly with the chance of frost at night.