StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
Frankie Dettori has launched an appeal to raise half a million pounds for a new cardiac unit at the West Suffolk Hospital.
Increasing brightness during this afternoon with some sunshine.
The All-Terrain Vehicle will be based at Hunstanton beach to help search for missing people or assist officers in emergency situations.