StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
Norwich City manager Alex Neil has slammed his side for their "lack of hunger" after they were beaten by Brentford at Carrow Road.
After a bright cold start to the day cloud will thicken from the west and it will become quite breezy, though for most a dry day.
It's been the coldest week in the Anglia region since January 2013 with temperatures dipping close to -8°C.