StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
The mother of missing RAF gunner Corrie McKeague is in the Suffolk town of Bury St Edmunds to retrace her son's last known steps
A qualified mechanic from Kettering is asking for her local community to get behind her bid to reach the Miss England semi-finals.
Rather cloudy at first with a few spots of rain. Brightening up through the morning with sunny spells for all by the afternoon.