StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
Blustery winds, with gales in places, through the evening and into the night, with further showers blowing through.
Farmers in the region are warning food prices could rise because of last month's dry weather and a new European ban on certain pesticides.
The Environment Agency has issued a number of flood warning for coastal areas and tidal rivers in the Anglia region.