StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
The Eagles of Death Metal want to be the first to play the Bataclan when it reopens, the lead singer has said in an emotional interview.
Lighter winds than on Wednesday will make it feel less chilly.
Southend United midfielder Ryan Leonard has revealed who has been behind his recent goalscoring run, and it's not who you might expect...