StepChange Debt Charity has released new figures showing that nearly nine thousand people in the East of England contacted them over debt problems in 2013 - an increase of two and a half thousand on the previous year.
The Charity is urging to people to recognise that they may have a debt problem if they are doing any of the following:
- juggling or falling behind on essential household bills
- borrowing to make it through to pay day
- making just the minimum repayments on your debts
- borrowing more to pay off existing debts
- getting hit by late payments or overdraft charges
Anyone struggling with debt can click on the links below to connect to organisations which offer free, confidential help and advice:
More top news
Rain easing for a time, but heavy showers possible later.
22 Albatross boats, glamorised by the likes of Brigit Bardot and Prince Rainier, are sailing in Norfolk and Suffolk this weekend.
Risk of heavy rain overnight and later Sunday.