A couple from Northamptonshire are taking legal action against a travel company after their honeymoon was blighted by illness.
Xanta and Paul Watts from Kettering were staying at a resort on Koh Yao Noi Island in Thailand when Xanta became seriously ill with food poisoning and was hospitalised for a week.
She contracted Paratyphoid which is a disease caused by the Salmonella bacteria.
"I've never actually felt that ill in my life," Xanta Watts told ITV News Anglia.
"Some days I would just cry because I felt so disappointed that this had happened. I felt trapped because I was on a deserted island."
More top news
Two men have been jailed after violently beating a man from Clacton when he stepped in to defend a woman being harassed by a group of men.
The first woman to be sentenced for revenge porn has escaped a jail term after publishing naked pictures of her girlfriend online.
Following the Bank Holiday washout, the weather during the rest of the week is looking cool with a mix of sunshine and showers