Advertisement

Rubbish in house partly blamed for deaths of a disabled man and his carer in fire

Andrew McInnes and William Cooper died in a house fire in Lowestoft in June 2017.

An inquest had heard how a house hoarded with rubbish contributed to the deaths of a disabled man and his carer in a fire in Suffolk.

Wheelchair user Andrew McInnes was living with William Cooper in Lowestoft when the fire started in a toaster in June 2017.

The inquest was told the pair died from smoke inhalation after they couldn't escape the house. The state of their home, which hadn't been cleaned for years, played a major role in their deaths.

  • Click below to watch at report by ITV News Anglia's Malcolm Robertson