The Environment Agency is warning that the recent heatwave has caused oxygen levels to drop in rivers- leaving many fish dead.Read the full story ›
As temperatures touched close to 35°C in the Anglia region on Friday, thunderstorms in many areas brought the drought to a crashing end.Read the full story ›
The Met Office has upgraded its thunderstorm warning for East Anglia to amber.
The Met Office says heavy thunderstorms are likely and torrential downpours are possible with as much as 30 mm of rainfall in 1 hour and 60 mm in 3 hours.
Large hail, frequent lightning and strong, gusty winds will be additional hazards.
The amber warning is in force from 2pm until 8pm but a yellow warning will stay in place until 2am on Saturday
What to expect
- Flooding of homes and businesses is likely and could happen quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, delays and some cancellations to train and bus services are likely
- Spray and sudden flooding probably leading to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Power cuts likely to occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
- Some communities may become cut off if roads flood
Temperatures in the Anglia region peaked at 34°C (93°F) on Thursday and are set to get close to record-breaking highs on Friday.Read the full story ›
Scattered thunderstorms are likely through this evening and overnight. But the heat is set to return tomorrow.Read the full story ›
With temperatures set to get even hotter over the next couple of days, how likely is it that some records could be broken?Read the full story ›
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for the risk of some thunderstorms in the Anglia region on Thursday afternoon.Read the full story ›
The Duchess of Cornwall chose to take shelter under a parasol as she toured the Sandringham Flower Show in hot conditions on Wednesday.Read the full story ›
Firefighters in Suffolk had to deal with several field fires across the county on Wednesday as temperatures continued to soar.Read the full story ›