The world's largest container ship is heading for the Suffolk coast. 395 metres long and 58 metres wide, the MSC Oscar is due to dock at the Port of Felixstowe this afternoon.
In January the world's previous largest container the CSCL Globe, which carries up to 19,100 containers, docked at the Suffolk port. With a maximum capacity of 19,244 containers the MSC Oscar, owned by the Mediterranean Shipping Company, is even bigger.
Hundreds of ship-spotters are expected to be at the harbour to see The Oscar arrive. She is due in between one and two o'clock this afternoon.
The Guildhall in Northampton has hosted a drop in event to mark 'International Women's Day' which takes place on Sunday March 8th.
Northampton Borough Council and Northampton's Women's Forum have organised the event and have invited groups to exhibit along with workshops for people to join in with.
"There will be chance for women to network and find out about what's happening around the town and what services and opportunities there are."
International Women's Day has been marked since the early 1900s.
A man from Northamptonshire has begun an epic journey, to walk 5,500 miles from his home town of Kettering to Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa.Read the full story ›
A woman from Northampton has been sentenced in the United States for fraud today.
Paul Dunham, 59, and Sandra Dunham, 58, pleaded guilty in December last year after losing their High Court fight against extradition the previous April.
The couple admitted to conspiring to commit wire fraud in connection with a scheme in which they requested reimbursement from their employer for mortgage payments on time shares in Barbados, luxury bedding for their home, a dog sofa and other personal expenses, the US Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland said.
Mr Dunham also pleaded guilty to money laundering.
According to their pleas, the defendants worked for Pace Worldwide which was located at various times in Maryland and North Carolina, and had a subsidiary in the United Kingdom named Pace Europe Ltd.
Pace produced parts for the repair and reworking of electronics for the military and others.
Mr Dunham held a number of executive positions, including president and chief operating officer. Mrs Dunham was initially hired to work for the European subsidiary in the accounts department, and eventually became the director of sales and marketing for Pace Worldwide.
The Dunhams moved from the UK to Maryland then North Carolina, and were provided with corporate credit cards.
Between 2002 and 2009, they fraudulently charged personal expenses to their corporate credit cards and submitted vouchers to Pace for reimbursement that falsely described the expenditures as business expenses, the statement said.
As a result of the lengthy scheme, one million dollars in actual losses were incurred.
The couple were flown to the US from Heathrow Airport in May. They were taken to Northampton General Hospital after taking a drug overdose the night before they were due to hand themselves in to police and in turn to US marshals.
Senior District Judge Howard Riddle at Westminster Magistrates' Court concluded that they had deliberately taken an overdose to avoid or delay extradition.
Later the couple, from Northampton, were handed over to US marshals at Heathrow by officers from the Metropolitan Police's extradition unit.
Mrs Dunham and the US government agreed that if the court accepted the plea agreement, she would be sentenced to 60 days . Today the judge accepted that. That means with the time she's already served Mrs Dunham will serve another 18 days before heading back to the UK.
Mr Dunham faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for the conspiracy and money laundering. He'll be sentenced at a later date.
A woman from Northampton is due to be jailed in the United States for fraud today.Read the full story ›
Candles will be lit across the region later to mark 70 years today since the liberation of the Nazi Death camp - Auschwitz..
A special memorial evening was held at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, as part of the build up to today's commemorations.
Survivors of the Nazi death camps were invited to the event to see a mixture of dance and readings.
Candles will be lit in Cambridge, Northampton, Lowestoft, Norwich, Southend and Colchester later to represent each of the 70 years since the end of Auschwitz.
"I couldn't possibly find words to convey what it's like in Auschwitz, to be there, how scared we were. It was terrible.
It's not so important, what is important is that people behave like human beings now."
As the world marks the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz one survivor from Suffolk has told his family's story.
More than a million people died at Auschwitz in German-occupied Poland - the largest and most notorious Nazi concentration camp.
Frank Bright from Suffolk lived through the ordeal. But his parents and most of his classmates did not. He is 86 now and more determined than ever to keep their memories alive.
Click below to watch a report by ITV News Anglia's Natalie Gray
It's the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the largest and most notorious Nazi concentration camp, Auschwitz in German-occupied Poland. More than a million people died there - it was slaughter on an industrial scale.
Some Jews managed to escape to Britain before war broke out. Martin Cahn's father left Germany when he was a child after he was attacked in the street. Mr Cahn now lives in Impington in Cambridgeshire.
Click below to watch a report by ITV News Anglia's Claire McGlasson
A British soldier arrested on suspicion of raping a six-year-old girl in Austria has been charged, prosecutors have said.
The unnamed soldier, reportedly a bombardier from 7th Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery in Essex, was also charged with sexually abusing the young girl.
Prosecutors in the country said he had entered the family's unlocked home in the small town of Neustift, in the Stubaital valley in the early hours of one morning and was caught the girl's bedroom by her father, who had been woken by the noise.
He will face trial on March 10 and, if convicted, faces up to 10 years in prison.
A Ministry of Defence spokeswoman confirmed the Army was aware of the developments.
The Army is aware that a soldier has been charged in Austria following allegations of child sexual offences.
This matter is now subject to criminal proceedings led by the Austrian authorities and it is therefore inappropriate for us to comment further at this time.
The troops who were among the first and last to serve in Afghanistan have paraded at Colchester's Merville Barracks today.Read the full story ›