Type two diabetes can often develop slowly, over a period of years, and symptoms can develop gradually.
Symptom can include:
- Feeling tired during the day, particularly after meals
- Urinating more often than normal, particular needing to do so during the night
- Feeling abnormally thirsty
- Blurring of vision
- Itching of the skin, particularly itchiness around the genitals
- Slow healing of cuts or wounds
- Having regular yeast infections (thrush)
- Having a skin disorder such as psoriasis or acanthosis nigricans
- Sudden weight loss or loss of muscle mass
It is believed that up to 850,000 adults could have type two diabetes and be unaware of it.
For more information on type two diabetes including treatment available and what you can do to help avoid the condition, click here.