Cumbrian businesses are being urged to promote fire safety over Christmas.
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service is issuing the warning because many companies take on extra staff over the festive period, and some of them may not have the same level of fire awareness training as other staff.
The following advice has been issued as part of the 'Keep it simple and safe' campaign:
- Store stock safely: keep corridors, stairs and exits clear
- Identify alarm points so you can warn others
- Make sure doors are closed to stop fires from spreading
- Place things that catch fire away from things that cause fire
- Let someone know if you spot fire safety problems
- Ensure everyone knows what to do if a fire alarm sounds