There are various online tools to help you make the most out of your finances.
Here is a list of just a few of those tools from Citizens Advice:
- Citizens Advice's online tool can help you set up a detailed budget
- Use Citizens Advice’s energy comparison tool to see if you can save on energy bills
- If you claim benefits, you can visit the Citizens Advice website to check if you are eligible for discounts on your water or energy bills
- Find out how to prioritise your debts on the Citizens Advice website or contact your nearest service for help
For more information and advice on dealing with debts you can contact Citizens Advice using the details below:
- Dedicated telephone number for debt advice: 03300563037
- Website: Citizens Advice - Debt and Money
Carlisle & Eden branch:
Dumfries & Galloway:
- Telephone number: 0300 303 4321
- Website: Citizens Advice Dumfries & Galloway
- Telephone number: 01896 753889
The Money Advice Service has a list of various organisations that assist people with managing their debt here.
You can find your nearest credit union in the UK by using this website by the Association of British Credit Unions.