Popular Carlisle events venue, The Sands Centre, has implemented new, strict security measures following the recent terror attacks in London and Manchester.
The following procedures have been put in place for visitors:
- No Bags Policy: large bags, cases, luggage or shopping bags will not be allowed into the auditorium. The only exception is suitably-sized ladies handbags.
- Security Searches: from time to time random searches may be carried out on ladies handbags.
- See It - Report It: people who see or hear anything suspicious need to report it to a member of staff immediately, giving as much detail as possible.
- Serious Security Incident: in the event of a serious security incident people need to listen carefully and adhere to instructions from staff. People are encourage to be mindful of the NPCC's National Campaign on what to do in the event of a serious attack.
- Alcohol and Unsociable Behaviour: to conform with the centre's licensing objectives, only alcohol purchased in their bars can be consumed on the premises. Alcohol brought into the venue will be confiscated. Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. Staff are there to ensure all visitors have an enjoyable and safe experience - unruly people may be refused entry under these circumstances no refund shall be offered.