Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Sudden death of 67-year-old man caused by carbon monoxide

The death of the man is not being treated as suspicious Photo: PA

The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.

Fire crews were called to a property in Seaton Village, Seaton, to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm on Sunday 22 October at 12.24pm.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and a woman, aged 70, was taken to West Cumberland Hospital.

Crews used two breathing apparatus and one gas detector to monitor the carbon monoxide levels. They were on scene for around four hours and 25 minutes.

The woman is said to be in a critical condition and the death of the man is not being treated as suspicious.