National Transplant Week wants us all to register as donors. But how many people in your area could benefit from your registration?
It's National Transplant Week and we've been looking some of the fact behind organ donation.
More than 900 people in the south of Scotland have had to wait more than 20 minutes for an ambulance in the last year.
ITV Fixers works with young people to give them a voice.
In Dumfries a 20-year-old male is hoping to make more information available for young people about being transgender.
Below he explains when he realised he was transgender.
For more information visit
A former stuntman will visit the Chariots of Fire Carriage Driving Centre to continue building his confidence after a life threatening accident.
The centre, near Lockerbie, teaches competitive carriage driving to those with disabilities including special needs and able bodied people.
Ben Bellman was a stuntman on films such as Gladiator, Charlotte Grey and James Bond movie 'Die Another Day'. Despite having sky dived for over 1000 times, his career ended after a sky-diving accident in 2001. It was thought that he would not live.
His family were warned that if he did survive, he may never walk or talk again. However Ben has been proving doctors wrong and will travel by train from London to Lockerbie.
In 1999 his first role was riding horseback alongside Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
Being around horses again is something which Ben is looking forward to:
'I’m really looking forward to it”, he said, “I love horses and this is the first time I’ll have had the chance to be with them since my accident'.
One of the first Men's Sheds will open today at Langlee, Galashiels.
Local organisations, plus friends and family of the 'shedders' gathered at the former Borders Production Unit building near Langlee Community Centre to officially open the Shed.
The Shed is a communal workshop with tools and work benches. It will be a social area for local men who can pursue their hobbies and work on joint projects together.
Lifestyle activities, such as cooking classes and trips to games clubs will also run.
The Men's Shed movement started in Australia 13 years ago and has since been establish in New Zealand and the UK.
The Galashiels Men’s Shed is open every Wednesday and Thursday from 1pm to 4pm.
It was set up with help from staff at Volunteer Centre Borders and NHS Borders Healthy Living Network.
Fifteen years ago health bosses in Dumfries and Galloway started planning a new health centre for Dalbeattie.
Now the building is finished and this morning Scotland's Minister for Public Health went to take a look. Katie Hunter reports:
A timely warning from Cumbria Fire Service about a silent killer. Since the recent sunny spell began, many have dusted off the camping gear and headed for the great outdoors.
But after a number of deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning in recent years, including one in the Lake District in 2012, the fire service say people should never take barbecues inside and should always use a carbon monoxide alarm. Tim Backshall reports:
Tim Backshall speaks to the Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service about how to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning when campinh.
Carbon monoxide detectors are recommended by the Fire Service. Find out about them below:
The number of people seriously injured in road accidents in the Lothians and Scottish Borders has decreased in the past 12 months.
The number of serious injuries dropped by 18 per cent while there were also fewer road collisions in the region. The figures cover the first year of Police Scotland.
Michael Matheson, the Public Health Minister for the Scottish Government, has spoken about the benefits he hopes the new two million pound health centre will bring.
He says that a 'state of the art' centre will help to bring the best healthcare to people. He also adds that it could and has benefitted the economy, as 70% of the people involved in the construction of the building were from local businesses.
Two campers admit that bringing a barbecue into a tent to warm up is a 'simple idea' and that they may not have considered the dangers.
However, due to posters around the campsite and a campaign by Cumbria Fire Service, the campers are now much more informed of the danger of carbon monoxide poisioning.
Rachel Fenwick and Louis Bradley from Blackburn