- 1 update
In budget proposals for 2013 -2014 Carlisle City Council are recommending that no-one who works for the council is paid less than the 'Living Wage'. About £30,000 will be set aside to pay for an increase to a minimum hourly rate of £7.45.
This will benefit around 19 staff currently working there and all new staff who are employed from April 2013 will receive the increased rate.
Cllr Les Tickner, Portfolio holder for Finance, Governance & Resources, said:
The proposals will be discussed at the Executive meeting on 19th November. Other proposals that will be discussed are:
- £5million for leisure facilities in 2015/16.
- £1.5million for the Old Town Hall and Greenmarket improvements for 2014/15;
- £1.6million for the Harraby School and Community Project split between 2013-2016
- £586,000 for the Central Methodist Hall, split between 2013-2016
- £100,000 for public realm improvements around the city centre, Botchergate and Rickergate areas for 2013/14.