The National Lottery has awarded £2.3 million in funding for sports clubs in Cumbria, as part of the Olympic legacy.
Below is a list of where most of the money for the region is going to be spent:
- £30,000 to upgrade and make improvements to the main hall at Threlkeld Village Hall.
- £21,558 to renovate the sports hall at Kendal Lads & Girls Club.
- £49,980 to assist the restoration of the outdoor community swimming pool at Greystoke.
- £150,000 to upgrade the changing facilities at Sedbergh Pool.
- £41,360 to upgrade changing rooms and refurbish the gym at Kells ARLFC.
- £23,750 to make repair work at Seaton Rugby League clubhouse.
- £46,743 to refurbish changing facilities and enhancements to flood protection at Keswick Rugby Club.
The National Lottery has awarded £2.3 million funding for sports clubs in Cumbria, as part of the Olympic legacy.
10 sports clubs across Cumbria will benefit from the funding, including Keswick Rugby Club, who have been given almost £50,000.
– Bruce Lawson, Senior Manager, Active Cumbria
"This latest funding announcement is fantastic news for sport in Cumbria. The grant awards for these 10 organisations are supporting facility project developments valued at over £1.8 million.
" What's even more encouraging is to see the overall investment from this and previous Inspired Facilities awards.
"To date Cumbria has secured over £1.37 million of awards realising £3.6 million worth of facility developments across 25 projects in Cumbria."