- 26 updates
The Libyan Justice Minister has told ITV News that UK and US authorities will be allowed to interview Muammar Gaddafi's former intelligence chief over the Lockerbie bombing.
Here is what we know about the biggest terrorist attack on British territory:
- 270 people were killed in the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988.
- Libyan intelligence officer, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, is the only person to have been convicted in connection with the attack
- Megrahi was released from jail by the Scottish government on compassionate grounds after being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- He died last year still protesting his innocence
- Since the fall of the Gaddafi regime in 2011, British investigators have been working to establish if there are other individuals in Libya who could be brought to trial for their involvement in the attack
The families of the Lockerbie bombing victims deserve to finally know what happened to their loved ones in the 1988 disaster, the Libyan Justice Minister told ITV News.
Salah Margani said: "In order to learn the lessons of history and give rest and assurances and comfort to the families of the victims - we should know everything about what happened to their loved ones during that terrible, terrible crime.
"I'm sure that all Libyans feel extremely ashamed that the name of Libya should, even in the time of Gaddafi, be connected to such a horrible crime."
Mr Margani also told ITV News that UK and US authorities would be allowed to question Muammar Gaddafi's former intelligence chief Abdullah Senussi over the Lockerbie bombing.
The Libyan Justice Minister has told ITV News that British and American authorities will be allowed to question Muammar Gaddafi's former intelligence chief over the Lockerbie bombing.
When asked whether Abdullah Senussi could be questioned, Salah Margani said: "Yes this is the intention.
"What we are working on is finalising the arrangements for this as much as obtaining the evidence that's available with the UK and US authorities. We all need to know the facts."
The Libyan authorities have appointed prosecutors regarding the Lockerbie bombing.
The Lord Advocate made the announcement in the run-up to the 25th anniversary of the tragedy which claimed 270 lives.
Memorial Services will be held in Lockerbie and Westminster Abbey - and at Arlington Cemetary in America on Saturday.
The Lord Advocate admits the slow progress of the investigation is frustrating but told ITV Border's Peter MacMahon that Scotland's police will pursue the case, with Libyan help.
25-years-ago this weekend, many of the U.S. relatives of those who died in the Lockerbie air disaster gathered at New York airport, where the plane was due to land, to hear the news.
One woman was not there.
Carol King Eckersley, from Oregon in the US, only found out that her son was on board this year. It's just one more tragic tale from the disaster, as Matthew Taylor now reports:
Prosecutors in Scotland say their investigation into the Lockerbie bombing is being hampered by instability in Libya.
On Saturday it will be 25 years since Pan Am 103 was blown up killing all 259 people on board and 11 others on the ground.
The attack was blamed on the regime of former Libyan leader Colonel Gadaffi but the new administration in Tripoli has become too unstable to allow the police to visit at the moment.
Dep Ch Con Iain Livingstone Police Scotland said they will go to Libya when the opportunity arises
Latest ITV News reports
The Prime Minister David Cameron has released a message marking the 25th anniversary of the Lockerbie tragedy.