Police are investigating an alleged sexual assault in the Lake District. The attack happened in the Glebe area of Bowness-on-Windermere in the early hours of Friday 11 July. A 21-year-old local man has been arrested and released on bail.
Police are asking people to keep their dogs on a lead after two pregnant ewes were attacked near Bowness.
The sheep sustained injuries to their heads and face after being attacked in a field on Glebe Road.
Police believe the attacks have been by dogs who have been off leads, unattended and allowed to chase sheep in fields. The attack happened between the 28th and 29th of January.
Anyone who may have information about this or any other attacks on livestock and anyone with information should call PC Jim Bell at Cumbria Police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Around 1000 people have visited an exhibition of Cumbrian Artists in its first week at the Blackwell Arts Centre in Bowness-on-Windermere.
The historic house in the heart of the Lake District has hosted some big names in the art world but for the rest of the year it's be home to handiwork from closer to home.
One of the artists is Katy Holford, who came to glass factory Cumbria Crystal in Ulverston 3 years ago when the company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
Her designs turned the company around and they now employ 6 more people, including 2 local apprentices.
Reuben Allonby, Apprentice Engraver at Cumbria Crystal with a vase he designed and engraved for the exhibition.
It retails at nearly £100.
The Wurlitzer Organ is forever associated with the heyday of silent films. Now after a five year fund raising and restoration project a fully functioning Wurlitzer is to be unveiled at the Royalty Cinema in Bowness on Windermere.
The large pipe organ was built in 1927 for a theatre in Cleveland Ohio and shipped to London in the thirties where it fell into disrepair.
But after years of careful restoration it's now back in a setting where it belongs.
Andy Burn reports.
A large Wurlitzer pipe organ dating back to the early years of silent film has been fully restored and installed in a cinema in Bowness on Windermere.
The organ which was shipped to England from the USA in 1934 is now in the Royalty Cinema after a five year restoration project.
The instrument was built in 1927 and originally installed in the Almira Theatre, Cleveland, Ohio.