Flooding hit Eastriggs in Dumfries and Galloway on Saturday. Residents in Pretoria Road & Delhi Place were visited by police.
Major work could be carried out on two west coast mainline bridges in Carlisle in an attempt to reduce the risk of more flooding.
It is one of more than a hundred options being made public at a drop in session in the city this evening, Tuesday 4 July.
The Environment Agency says only in 2018 will any final decision be taken.
Watch Katie Hunter's report below:
A flood alert remains in place for the Scottish Borders until further notice.
Heavy showers are expected in the afternoon and evening, which could result in some localised flooding from surface water.
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency says this could lead to travel disruption and flooding to low lying land, roads and sensitive communities, lasting into Saturday night.
Advice and information is available through Floodline on 0345 9881188.
Thundery showers are possible in Cumbria and eastern parts of Dumfries and Galloway, but flood alerts are not currently in place.
A charity that raised millions of pounds for flood-hit communities across Cumbria has been shortlisted for a national award.
Cumbria Community Foundation could be recognised at The Charity Awards for setting up its Flood Recovery Fund after Storm Desmond in 2015.
Engineers are assessing what work is needed to strengthen a stretch of Etterby Road in Carlisle, which is in danger of slipping into the River Eden below.
The road sits atop a steep 20-metre drop into the river, and there are fears further erosion could lead to the road collapsing.
Work to repair the road and shore up the river bank is expected to be complex, and is likely to take place later this summer or even next year.
Two phases of work will take place.
One is putting in scour protection at the bottom of the slope, to prevent the river actually scouring out the slope at all in the future.
And secondly what we'll be looking at doing is installing sheet piles in the verge at the top of the road, in order that if there is further scouring in the future the road will be protected.
The head of a local flood action group says hundreds of people still haven't returned home, and many who have lack basic facilities.Read the full story ›
A major milestone has been celebrated in Keswick today, with the reopening of the town's YHA youth hostel.
The hostel has been closed since the floods of Storm Desmond, in December 2015, and is one of the final businesses in the town to reopen.
The £51.3m grant is expected to be approved to help flood hit areas, despite the UK triggering Article 50, to leave the EU.Read the full story ›
More than 1,200 people in South Lakeland have applied for £5,000 grants to protect their properties from future flooding.
South Lakeland District Council says 66 per cent of those eligible had submitted applications by last week's deadline for the flood resilience grants.
In South Lakeland, a total of 2,358 properties were flooded in December 2015.
Of those, it was estimated around 1,900 were eligible for the grant scheme announced by the government.
A scheme to help people in high flood risk areas to insure their homes marks its first anniversary today.
Flood Re was developed after insurers said they were no longer prepared to offer universal flood cover.
Much of Cumbria, and the south of Scotland, was devastated by flooding in the Winter of 2015/16.