A number of cup matches are taking place in the South of Scotland football league this weekend.
South Challenge Cup Final - Saturday 14 May 2016:
- Queen Of The South v St Cuthbert Wanderers, at Galabank in Annan, at 3pm
Potts Cup Semi Finals:
- Heston Rovers v Creetown at Palmerston Park in Dumfries at 7.30pm
- Nithsdale Wanderers v Lochar Thistle at Lorimer Park in Sanquar at 7.30pm
The Cree Lodge Cup Final will take place next Wednesday 18 May:
- Heston Rovers v St Cuthbert Wanderers. Park to be arranged, kick off at 7.30pm
The grant of nearly half a million pounds will be used to renovate their 3G pitch, and introduce new local teams to the area.Read the full story ›
Queen of the South have frozen season ticket prices for the club's 2016/17 Championship campaign.
In addition to the current range of season tickets available the Doonhamers have introduced a £90 season ticket for 16-21 year olds.
The price of an adult ticket stays at £256 which works out at around £14 per game - a saving of £32 per season. Concession tickets are available for £144 and the Junior Blue ticket for young supporters up to the age of 16 remains at £18.
Season tickets go on sale from Monday 13 June and will be available online or in person from the office at the Queen of the South Arena during normal office hours.
Workington Reds are through to the Northern Premier Division play off final.
Reds won the game thanks to a hat trick from Scott Allison and a dramatic last minute winner from Robert Wilson.
They'll play Salford City on Saturday for the chance of promotion to the Conference North.
Workington Reds have made it to the playoffs in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League.
They did it in style by earning a five nil win over Buxton last weekend, and will travel to Blyth Spartans on Tuesday for the playoff semi final.
It was one of the final home games for Kyle May, Workington Reds' longest serving player, who is retiring at the end of the season.
Absolutely delighted to be honest with you. More so for the lads than myself. It was a bit emotional, it being the last game, but obviously it isn't the last game anymore.
I have a lot of memories from Borough Park, a lot of good ones, so hopefully we can make some more in next couple of games.
Here are the weekend football results for the South of Scotland League:
- Heston Rovers 2 v 5 St Cuthbert Wanderers
- Nithsdale Wanderers 2 v 1 Fleet Star
- Wigtown & Bladnoch 1 v 1 Edusport Academy
The result means St Cuthbert Wanderers are Champions of the South Of Scotland League for the season 2015/16.
Tweedie Cup Second Round:
- Crichton 1 v 0 Creetown
- Upper Annandale 4 v 2 Newton Stewart
- Lochar Thistle 3 v 4 Mid Annandale
Carlisle United managed to take home three points this afternoon after a late goal in the 78th minute from Charlie Wyke.
They now lie 10th in the table, equal with Wycombe on points, but behind on goal difference.
The Blues' penultimate game of the season is at home to Oxford United on Saturday April 30.
Teams from Peebles, Kelso, Galashiels and Newcastleton will face sides from Midlothian, Annan and Newcastle at the Netherdale 3G Arena.Read the full story ›
The South of Scotland League weekend football results:
Creetown P v P Mid Annandale (Waterlogged Pitch)
Dumfries Ymca 0 v 9 St Cuthbert Wanderers Upper Annandale 1 v 4 Heston Rovers
South Challenge Cup 3rd Round Nithsdale Wanderers 0 v 2 Lochar Thistle
Potts Cup 1st Round Wigtown & Bladnoch 2 v 3 Crichton
South Regional Challenge Cup Semi Final Edusport Academy 0 v 2 Edinburgh City
Here are the weekend's South of Scotland league results:
- Creetown 3 v 1 Fleet Star
- Crichton 2 v 0 Upper Annandale
- Dumfries Ymca 0 v 7 Heston Rovers
- Newton Stewart 0 v 1 Lochar Thistle
- Nithsdale Wanderers 1 v 3 St Cuthbert Wanderers
- Wigtown & Bladnoch 2 v 1 Abbey Vale
South Challenge Cup 3rd Round:
- Mid Annandale 0 v 4 Edusport Academy
There are also midweek fixtures, as follows:
- Wednesday 23 March: Mid Annandale v St Cuthbert Wanderers, at King Edward Park in Lockerbie. Kick Off 7.3pm
- Friday 25 March: Abbey Vale v Creetown at Dumfries High School, in Dumfries. Kick Off 7.30pm