Police are continuing to appeal for information following an alleged kidnap in west Cumbria.
The incident occurred on Monday 2nd November when a 41-year-old man from Egremont was bundled into the back of his own van after being flagged down by a male wearing a head torch, while travelling on Grove Road at around 6.45am.
The victim was tied up and transported in his own van from Grove Road to Mockerkin on an unknown route, arriving at Mockerkin after about an hour.
Police are appealing for information about the movements of the van - a white Citroen Relay High-Top van - on the day of the incident.
“We are still appealing for information from anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area; it was very foggy at the time of the incident. Any information, no matter how small it may seem, could prove vital for our investigation.
“I would also like to reassure the public that these type of incidents are extremely rare and we are doing everything we can to ascertain what has happened.”
The offender is described as being around 5 foot 7 inches tall, of slim athletic build, with dark cropped hair.
It's believed that another vehicle and possibly two other suspects might have been involved in loading the contents of the victim’s van into another vehicle, at Mockerkin.
The offenders then left the van parked near to Mockerkin, with the victim in the back, and left the scene. At about 3pm the victim managed to turn the hazard warning lights of the van on. This may be recalled by someone who noted the vehicle being there.
He managed to free himself at around 8.45pm and got out of the van. He suffered minor injuries and was not threatened during the incident, but was left shocked and distressed.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer from North Cumbria CID or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Sean Maguire spoke to ITV Border's Ian Payne about the death of the British Aid worker in Pakistan. Mr Dale was originally from Dumfries, Ian began by asking Mr Maguire if he felt everything possible was done to help save Mr Dale:
Tributes have been pouring in for the murdered aid worker from Dumfries, who was killed in Pakistan.Read the full story ›
Pakistan government officials say they're determined to bring to justice those responsible for killing a Dumfries aid worker.
The body of 60 year old Khalil Dale was found yesterday near the city of Quetta.
It followed his abduction at the hands of gunmen in January.
Mr Dale had been working for the International Committee of the Red Cross.
He'd spent many years working as an aid worker and had also previously worked as a nurse in Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary.
He lived in the town for 30 years.
Prime Minister David Cameron has described his murder as a "shocking and merciless act".
Meanwhile the Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs said there was a determination to bring the perpetrators to justice.
A spokesman added: "Pakistan is committed to combat terrorism and the death of Mr. Dale has only strengthened our resolve to eliminate this scourge."
Poltical reaction to the death of Khalil DaleRead the full story ›
A kidnapped aid worker from Dumfries and Galloway has been killed in Pakistan. The body of Khalil Dale was found on the outskirts of the city of Quetta, four months after he was abducted. Reporter Kathryn Samson was live in Dumfries tonight for the ITV Tyne Tees and Border news programme.
The murder of a Dumfries aid worker whose body was found dumped in an orchard in Pakistan has been condemned by the Prime Minister as a "shocking and merciless act".
Khalil Dale, 60, was kidnapped in January while working with the Red Cross in Baluchistan province.
David Cameron said: "I was deeply saddened to hear today about the brutal murder of Khalil Dale - a man who was killed whilst providing humanitarian support to others.
"This was a shocking and merciless act, carried out by people with no respect for human life and the rule of law.
"Khalil Dale has dedicated many years of his life to helping some of the most vulnerable people in the world and my thoughts today are with his friends and family."
There's been further political reaction to confirmation that a Dumfries aid worker has been murdered after being kidnapped in Pakistan.
The body of Khalil Dale - formerly known as Ken - was found on the outskirts of the city of Quetta.
He was abducted by gunmen in January.
The 60 year old had been working for the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Today Dumfries and Galloway MP Russell Brown said: "I am extremely disappointed and angry in the manner of Ken's death.
"His murder appears to have been a savage one and there are many people here in the local area who will be deeply saddened and upset at the news.
"The Foreign Office as far as I can tell supported the International Committee of the Red Cross in their efforts to secure his release.
"I am personally shocked that there wasn't a successful outcome."
Friends of murdered Dumfries aid worker Kahlil Dale have spoken of their shock at his death.
Shiela Howat used to work with Mr Dale - formerly known as Ken - in the casualty department of the town's hospital.
Today she said: "It's the saddest day ever. We have lost such a great person.
"My friend Ken was the most wonderful man you could wish to meet. His entire life was given to caring for others.
"What they did was unbelievable and barbaric. He cared for others and got no thanks in return."
Mrs Howat added: "It's difficult to say if you should have done more. I contact the Foreign Office and my local MP who advised a quiet time but in hindsight I think we should have done more for Ken."