It's 25 years to the day since a child's body was found on a rubbish dump in Millom.
The boy, aged between a year and 18 months, was found badly burned at Redhills tip. Extensive police investigations have failed to solve the mystery of how he came to be there and whether he was murdered.
The community was left deeply shocked by the death and some are still looking for answers a quarter of a century on.
A man jailed for life after killing his mother and sister with an axe has had his prison sentence increased.
John Jenkin admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility after the killings at their home in Millom last year.
He had been serving six years in jail but today judges at the Criminal Appeal Court decided that was too lenient. His minimum prison term has now been raised to 13 years and 4 months.
Millom Community Hospital will re-open to in-patients on Monday 19 May.
The nine bed ward at the community hospital closed after problems securing medical cover.
The NHS Foundation Trust have confirmed they will open four beds next week, and the rest will be open by August.
The re-opening has been possible after GP cover has been found.
About 2,000 people from the local community held a march to protest against the in-patient unit closure on the 7th May.
A march is taking place in Millom this evening to save the town's Community Hospital, after it closed to in-patients this afternoon.
The NHS Foundation Trust say the closure is a temporary one, due to staffing issues. But protestors have gathered at the hospital this evening over fears it will shut for good.
Jenny Longden reports:
Dr John Howarth says NHS Foundation Trust won't compromise patient safety due to the lack of doctor at the hospital:
People in Millom will stage a protest today against the alleged closing of Millom Hospital.
Campaigners say several thousand people are expected to march through the town.
They say staffing issues at the hospital mean it won't be able to stay open and believe that when the last patient leaves, the hospital will close.
But the NHS Foundation say the hospital will stay open and that staffing issues mean they don't have cover for in-patient wards.
The man who killed his mother and sister, two days after he was released from a mental health unit, had had his sentence review period halved.
John Jenkin was told he would serve at least 12 years in a secure hospital facility after he was sentenced to life in prison on 28 March.
Yesterday, at a sentence review hearing at Preston Crown Court, that minimum period was halved to six years.
After six years the court will hold a review of all the circumstances surrounding his sentence.
Jenkin, who killed his mother Alice McMeekin, aged 58, and his 20-year-old sister Katie Jenkin, with an axe, admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.
The family of a 24-year-old man who is beginning a life sentence after killing his mother and sister have spoken.
John Jenkin, of Newton Street, Millom, pleaded guilty to two counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility at Preston Crown Court on 4 March.
The court heard that on the morning of Saturday 8 June 2013 he killed his mother Alice McMeekin, aged 58, and his 20-year-old sister Katie Jenkin, with an axe.
He then went on to kill the family dog.
His family have said they are now trying to come to terms with their loss.
A man with schizophrenia who killed his mother and sister two days after he was released from a mental health unit has been jailed for life.
John Jenkin had tried to drown himself in a river two days before he attacked his mother Alice McMeekin and sister Kathryn Jenkin with an axe at their home in Millom in Cumbria.
Preston Crown Court heard Jenkin was suffering from a schizophrenic disorder at the time of the offences last June.
He has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility and will serve at least 12 years in prison.
Police are asking for information after a shoplifting incident in Millom.
The incident took place at Co-Op on Lapstone Road around 5pm on the 14th March.
Police are keen to speak to the man from the photograph in connection with the incident.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101 and ask for PC Dan Hindle, or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.