The arrests come weeks after a much-publicised series of appeals to mark the 30th anniversary of the 18-year-old's death.Read the full story ›
A man who died in an incident in the Scottish Borders on Boxing Day has been named as 53-year-old Kevin Armstrong, from Heiton.
His body was found at a property in Ladyrig View in Heiton on Tuesday 26 December 2017, in which Pauline Cockburn, aged 48 and from Kelso, was also found dead.
Pauline Cockburn's death is being treated as murder while Kevin Armstrong's death is not suspicious.
Investigations are ongoing, but police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
Beverly Bliss was found dead at a house in the village on Friday. A 47-year-old man was also badly injured and remains in hospital.Read the full story ›
Miklos Verebes who's on trial for the murder of Melinda Korosi denied raping or murdering her in court today.Read the full story ›
Neighbours told a jury how Melinda Korosi, who was found dead last year, once told them Miklos Verebes, raped her "on several occasions".Read the full story ›
A Workington man accused of murder will appear at Carlisle Crown Court on Wednesday.Read the full story ›
One of three young men accused of murdering a Carlisle schoolboy has had an application for bail rejected.
Brahnn Finley, 19, was remanded in custody having been jointly charged with the murder of 14-year-old Jordan Watson. Jordan's body was found in a Carlisle cemetery by a member of the public in June.
Finley is charged with murder along with Daniel Johnston, 19, and George Thomson, 18. They are also currently in custody.
The three men, who all have Carlisle addresses, are due to appear at the city's crown court early next month.
Ahead of that hearing, Finley applied to be released on bail. His application was considered at the crown court today (TUES).
This was opposed by Tim Evans, on behalf of the prosecution, and refused by Judge Paul Batty QC, who stated that Finley must remain in custody.
Carlisle schoolboy Jordan Watson, 14, was found dead at Upperby Cemetery after what police have described as a 'savage and brutal' attack.
A post mortem examination has identified the cause of death as multiple wounds to the head and neck made with a sharp instrument.
“Jordan has lost his life as a result of a savage and brutal attack which has shocked the officers working on the case.
"For a child to die in these circumstances in Carlisle is appalling. The offender or offenders must be apprehended and I appeal to any members of the public with information to come forward.
"If anybody heard or saw anything unusual in the area of the cemetery on Manor Road overnight, I would urge them to report it to our incident room.”
Cumbria Police have increased patrols across Carlisle as the investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer from North Cumbria CID.
Two men have been jailed for life for the murder of a Polish man in Carlisle.
Their victim, 32 year old Piotr Kulinski, was stabbed seven times outside his home in Harraby.
Three more Polish men have been sent to prison for perverting the course of justice following the murder of a man in Carlisle.
Artur Woszczyna was described as being "devious and manipulative" by the judge at Carlisle Crown Court. He was jailed for 10 years.
He disposed of blood stained clothes after 32 year old Piotr Kulinski was stabbed seven times outside his home in Harraby on October 14th last year. Artur Skoczen was jailed for five years and Adam Karpuk, who was recruited to dispose of a getaway car, was jailed for three years, four months.
The judge recommended that they serve at least half of their sentences.
Earlier two other Polish men were jailed for life for the murder of Mr. Kuliniski. Piotr Zygner will serve a minimum of 28 years and Sylwester Kawalec at least 22 years.