ITV Border spoke to Detective Inspector Dan St Quintin from Cumbria Police to find out more about the operation.
Police in west Cumbria say more than 40 people have been arrested after violence between two rival gangs.
A range of weapons have been seized from people's homes, including three machetes, a knuckleduster and baseball bats.
Officers say, as a result of Operation Rodeo, crime levels have now stabalised.
This violent crime we can attribute to two groups of teenagers and young adults in the Workington area and as a result of that we've made 41 arrests, we've got eight people on remand and one person is now serving an 18 month prison sentence."
Police confirm that two men, aged 53 and 36, have been arrested and charged following a robbery on Bowmont Street, Kelso, on Monday where two women were assaulted.
The 53-year-old will appear at Jedburgh Sheriff Court today with the 36-year-old will appearing at court on a later date.
Enquires are ongoing to trace a third man in connection with the incident.
Chief Inspector Andy McLean said:
Extensive enquiries were conducted by officers in an effort to trace the suspects as quickly as possible following what was a shocking and distressing incident for those involved.
Thankfully, incidents like this are rare in the Borders and I want to thank the public for their continued support during our investigation.”
Police appeal for witnesses after con men target pensioner in his Scottish Borders home.Read the full story ›
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fire in the Scottish Borders.
An unoccupied caravan was set alight at the Highview Caravan Park in Coldingham near Eyemouth at around 11pm on Sunday 10 September.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze and although nobody was injured it caused extensive damage.
The incident is now being treated as suspicious and police are appealing to anyone who has information to come forward.
"Thankfully, no one was in the caravan when the fire took hold but there was significant damage.
"Following a full fire scene investigation carried out between Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire Service, we can confirm that this incident was the result of a deliberate act.
"I would urge anyone who was in the area of the Highview Caravan Park around the time of this incident and who noticed any unusual behaviour to contact police on 101 or, alternatively the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
Statistics show that the Scottish government have kept a pledge to increase officer numbers back in 2007.
But since the creation of single police force for Scotland in April 2013, concerns have been raised that policing in the Scottish Borders has been reduced.
Since the creation of a single force, police officers are now deployed right across the J division - that's East, West and Midlothian and the Scottish Borders.
914 police officers serve that region, and can be deployed anywhere within it.
People need to focus on the service they receive from the Police and actually their experience of crime and disorder in the Scottish Borders, which thankfully is relatively low in comparison certainly to the rest of this division and indeed to other areas in Scotland.
Last year, retired police inspector Harry Scott submitted a Freedom of Information Request to ask for details of officer deployment in the Borders on a number of specific dates.
He was told those precise figures could prejudice the prevention and detection of crime
I think it is something that Police Scotland needs to explain. I know financially things are not as good as they were, but I think there needs to be more transparency.
I think people will accept times were not as they were but I think people when you see everyday in the media, transport problems, people will not stand not being told what is wrong, and I think there needs to be more transparency on behalf of police Scotland on the levels of coverage being provided here.
Police were called to the scene of a two vehicle car crash on the M6 at 9:40 this morning.
The crash between two black Ford Focus' happened Southbound between junction 41 and 42.
Nobody was injured.
One of the drivers was a 39 year old man from Blackpool who had two passengers in his car.
He was arrested after failing the roadside breath test.
A Carlisle man has been charged with rape.
Jonathan Corry, 23, of Longlands Road appeared before North Cumbria Magistrates this morning and was remanded in custody.
The charge relates to an incident in the early hours of Wednesday 12 August in the Chinese Gardens near Rickerby Park, Carlisle, where a 26-year-old woman was allegedly assaulted.
Corry will appear at Carlisle Crown Court next month.
Cumbria Police have released the name of a ten-year-old boy who died after being hit by a tractor. Michael Wolfe, who was known as Mikey, died at the scene of the crash on the main road through Longtown yesterday.
Investigations are continuing into the cause of the crash, but today Mikey's family have paid tribute to a boy they say will be missed by everyone who knew him. Hannah McNulty reports.
A new network of CCTV cameras will be launched in Cumbria today.
The project has been commissioned by Police and Crime Commissioner Richard Rhodes, and will be implemented by Cumbria Constabulary.
53 cameras will be operated across Carlisle, Workington, Kendal, Whitehaven, Penrith and Barrow, and more could be added if necessary.
The project will cost £2.5 million over the next seven years.
CCTV will play a vital role in delivering a safe and secure environment for people who live, work and visit Cumbria.
At the same time CCTV will help in reducing anti-social behaviour, crime and disorder as well as providing proactive support for the business community. When I came into Office in November 2012 there was the real prospect of all the CCTV cameras in the major urban areas across the county being switched off. Today, we have a state-of-the-art system which will be supported for the next seven years.”