The Wurlitzer Organ is forever associated with the heyday of silent films. Now after a five year fund raising and restoration project a fully functioning Wurlitzer is to be unveiled at the Royalty Cinema in Bowness on Windermere.
The large pipe organ was built in 1927 for a theatre in Cleveland Ohio and shipped to London in the thirties where it fell into disrepair.
But after years of careful restoration it's now back in a setting where it belongs.
Andy Burn reports.