The Ministry of Defence has confirmed that one soldier has died and another has been injured in an incident at an army training base in Cumbria.
The accident happened at the Warcop Training Centre near Appleby, with local reports suggesting it occurred when a vehicle rolled over.
The family of the dead soldier has been informed and an investigation is underway.
A former soldier on the verge of making history. Christian Nock has been walking anti-clockwise round the coast of Britain for a year and a half, sleeping rough every night.
Christian's raised more than £160,000 for charity.
He's in Dumfries and Galloway at the moment, but will soon cross into Cumbria, and the final stretch of his incredible journey.
Our reporter Katie Hunter's been to meet him.
A former soldier on the verge of making history is travelling through Dumfries and Galloway into Cumbria.
Christian Nock has been walking the cost of Britain for a year and a half, raising more than £160,000 for Help the Heros.
The 39-year-old has battled blisters, illness and wintry weather but had been spurred on by the public's generosity and messages of support:
Christian's story started in Blackpool on the 8 August 2012.
To find out more about Christian's challenge or to follow him along his journey you can visit his Facebook page, Christian Around Britain.
A former soldier is on the verge of making history by walking anti-clockwise round the cost of Britain.
Christian Nock is currently travelling through Dumfries and Galloway into Cumbria.
He's been walking for a year and a half and sleeping rough every night.
He's raised more than £160,000 for charity.
The 39-year-old set himself the mammoth challenge to raise money for forces charity help for heroes:
Christian Nock is walking around the British coastline and sleeping rough to raise money for other ex-service men and women.
He spoke with ITV Border on day 561 of his journey in Glencaple, Dumfries and Galloway.
He's raised more than £160,000 for Help for Heroes.
A soldier from Pebbles was among those injured in a Taliban roadside bomb blast on Tuesday (2nd May), in which three of his comrades were killed.
18-year-old Neil Stansfield is being treated for back injuries at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
His mother Debbie has told friends that the former Peebles High School pupil was injured but that he was one of the lucky ones.
His brother Callum said:
"We were all pretty worried about him since we first heard. He only went over six weeks ago and this is his first tour.
"It has been my brother's dream to be in the Army since he was a wee boy. I am just happy he is alive.
"He had a lucky escape."
Police searching for a missing Carlisle solider are trying to identify a body found in a Rochester river yesterday (29th April).
18-year-old Josh Thomas, who is based at an Army Barracks in Kent, was last seen after a night out in Rochester to celebrate finishing his exams.
Police divers were called in after a member of the public spotted a body in the water.
A Cumbrian soldier paralysed by a Taliban ambush two and a half years ago has set his sights on competing in the Paralympics in three years time.
Mark Harding has now recovered some movement in his legs and is aiming to be part of the British Kayaking team in Rio 2016.
As well as training twice a day he is also raising as much money as he can for the army charity that helped get him back on his feet.
In June he is planning to abseil off Britain's tallest rollercoaster.
Ryan Dollard has this report:
A soldier who was caught with a hold-all full of guns after he got off a train at Carlisle station has been warned he faces an inevitable prison sentence.
28-year-old William Dempsey was arrested wearing army combat uniform near the station on Friday August 21.
Dempsey is based in Canterbury with the 5th Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland,
At Carlisle Crown Court he pleaded guilty to seven firearms offences including unlawfully possessing a shotgun, an Uzi sub-machine gun and a pistol.
He was remanded in custody until December 18 for background reports.The judge, the Hon Mr Justice Singh, said that under the government's statutory minimum sentence provisions a jail sentence would be inevitable.