Hundreds of thousand of visitors are expected into the region over the next four days for the Easter getaway.
Teenage motorist has been seriously injured after his car was hit by a train on a level crossing near Stranraer
The incident happened at 7.20am today, when the train ran into thick mud on the tracks. No one was injured.
Major disruption between Carlisle / Carnforth and Lancaster until at least 15:00. All lines have now reopened. http://t.co/8HQ9bIR3HF
Major disruption between Carlisle / Carnforth and Lancaster expected until at least 14:00. http://t.co/8HQ9bIR3HF
No trains between Carlisle / Windermere / Carnforth and Lancaster expected until at least 12:00. http://t.co/8HQ9bIR3HF
Road users are advised to avoid the area where possible as the diversion will be minor roads in the locality.
Passengers travelling between Carlisle and Lancaster are facing delays of up to 45 minutes.
It's due to a broken down train at Penrith, which is blocking southbound lines.
- Severe delays of three hours, road closed and stationary traffic due to resurfacing work on M6 Northbound between J12 A5 (Gailey) and J13 A449 (Stafford South), congestion on M6 to J9 A461 (Wednesbury).
- Resurfacing work required around halfway between J12 and J13, large hole appeared in the carriageway in the early hours of this morning. Full closure expected to remain until just before afternoon peak.
- Diversion - Six mile long diversion, with traffic exiting the M6 at J12, joining the A5 Westbound to the Gailey Island, then taking the A449 Northbound through Penkridge to rejoin the M6 at J13.
Click here for the latest travel updates.
M6 Northbound closed stationary traffic, severe delays of three hours due to emergency repairs between J12 A5 (Gailey) and J13 A449 (Stafford South), congestion on M6 to J10 A454 / B4464 (Wolverhampton / Walsall).
Please avoid the M6 NB between junctions 10 and 13. There are long delays as junctions 12 to 13 are closed.
Roads across Cumbria have been closed due to snow.
- A686 Hartside Pass is closed between Alston and Melmerby
- A66 closed between Brough and Bowes
- A5092 closed between Penny Bridge and Greenodd